Rebuilding my LJ

More stuff arriving daily!

20200831_145135.jpg

Reactions: L J and Ryanoceros
Do you typically tackle things as you get them or wait until you have most stuff or everything and bang it all out?

Well this will be an all at once project. Because my current skid plate is where the control arms mount. So I will have to have a hover jeep for a day or two and don't want to prolong it.

That being said, there are parts I will be doing ahead of time. Welding the Genright Brackets together, welding and building the control arms ect..

I was told the rest of my parts minus the shocks will be here this week. 🤞

Reactions: Ryanoceros
Today I got my project car out of the garage for the first time in 18 months. Also its the first time its driven under its own power in over 10 years. Still need to finish putting it together and work on tuning issues.

Also I installed the front half of a lift kit on my XJ today.

And I drove the LJ lol

20200901_192904.jpg
20200901_192927.jpg

Reactions: Ryanoceros
More stuff arrived... man I wish I had everything. The parts market and shipping times are ridiculous right now..

I hear ya. I've been waiting on some Savvy sliders for over two months now.

Moving forward I will get the Genright Frame brackets welded up first. Use them to figure out control arm lengths. Buy tube and weld up the arms.

Then the real fun begins. Figure out how to support the jeep with no axles, weld everything up, hope it works lol

Awesome progress!
A little off topic but what backspacing are you running up front and can you turn full lock?
Have you had much trouble balancing those 37's?

Got her back on the tires and driving. Adding a 3/4 puck to the back that comes tomorrow. Doing the tuning and adjusting phase this weekend. I'll compile all the photos and details and pust them up tomorrow..
Nice work man! Looking forward to seeing some more detailed photos!