Recovery gear vs. security gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say it's always blown my mind people's need to carry a gun in their car lol Don't get me wrong I think it's awesome that you guys are able to do it, it's just always interesting to see the contrast when it comes to what people are concerned about/need to be concerned about. Where I'm from just no one has a need for a gun in their car or really even thinks about it unless they're a big gun nut.

But in regards to security gear, I always keep enough stuff that I could spend the night on the trail if I needed too. I do a lot of overnights and hiking in the backwoods so I just keep similar gear in my Jeep.
- First aid kit
- Portable water filter
- Small camping tarp
- Reflective tape
- Hatchet & a sharp Mora knife
- I have an old small binocular case I use to keep a few fire starting things in.
- Headlamp with a strobe setting
- Roll of paracord
I understand your comment about guns. But last summer a Dr. was shot and killed and his you son ran off into the woods to hide. This happened while off roading near Lake Tahoe

https://news24-680.com/2020/07/06/d...ieville-others-wounded-son-flees-into-forest/

Family friends Monday confirmed the shooting victim was Dr. Ari Gershman and said the doctor’s 15-year-old son – Jack – apparently spent more than 30 hours alone and lost in the forest after fleeing the unprovoked gunfire. The father and son were spending the day off-roading in the physician’s new four-wheel drive Jeep, according to friends.

A sheriff’s spokesman in Sierra County referred reporters to a Facebook post supporting most of the facts as given by family friends, who described the act as a “random, unprovoked” killing.

I now carry my 9mm at my wife's request.

Correct, he doesn’t need to be. He is not an American, doesn’t vote, so his opinion doesn’t hold weight other than it is his and that’s enough for me. He made a statement and wasn’t nasty about it. Then you went all Cancel Culture on him over the 2A and you live in California for Pete sakes. You have less rights than the average Canadian, relax and grab a tissue. They are down the hall and to the left Mr. California.
1. Are all Kansans as ignorant as you are?
2. fuck off

Security for me is lock boxes for my gear when I leave the Jeep at the trailhead. I really don't see how the word security applies to a first aid kit or a battery booster, like a security blanket? I don't see a need for firearms unless you are hunting. I don't have a worried wife either so there's that. I am also not scared of bears and store my picnic basket properly.

1. Are all Kansans as ignorant as you are?
2. fuck off
Lol, ok Mr. Sensitive. Grow a pair and get over it. Still living in a free state and loving it unlike you. I do find it ironic a Cali guy telling anyone to F off when your state is known for its glorious circle jerks. Probably why you still live there.

I gotta say it's always blown my mind people's need to carry a gun in their car lol Don't get me wrong I think it's awesome that you guys are able to do it, it's just always interesting to see the contrast when it comes to what people are concerned about/need to be concerned about. Where I'm from just no one has a need for a gun in their car or really even thinks about it unless they're a big gun nut.

But in regards to security gear, I always keep enough stuff that I could spend the night on the trail if I needed too. I do a lot of overnights and hiking in the backwoods so I just keep similar gear in my Jeep.
- First aid kit
- Portable water filter
- Small camping tarp
- Reflective tape
- Hatchet & a sharp Mora knife
- I have an old small binocular case I use to keep a few fire starting things in.
- Headlamp with a strobe setting
- Roll of paracord
Never been to Chicago huh?

Lol, ok Mr. Sensitive. Grow a pair and get over it.
I am sensitive when it comes to fucktards like yourself.
Still living in a free state and loving it unlike you.
Loving that world renowned Kansas wheat field wheeling?
I do find it ironic a Cali guy telling anyone to F off when your state is known for its glorious circle jerks.
I do find it disturbing that you are so well informed about glorious circle jerks.
Probably why you still live there.
I still live here because while the state government sucks, the worst day here beats the best day in Kansas.

I am sensitive when it comes to fucktards like yourself.

Loving that world renowned Kansas wheat field wheeling?

I do find it disturbing that you are so well informed about glorious circle jerks.

I still live here because while the state government sucks, the worst day here beats the best day in Kansas.
LOL, ok mr. cali. Sorry I hurt your feelings. Stay in kommfornia, youre not wanted anywhere else.

a Glock
Benchmade Adamas folder
LED flashlights and headlamp

I gotta say it's always blown my mind people's need to regurgitate this leftist drivel.
Hey, your location says "hodge road", literally the hodge rd that we shoot on one side and go to the slash x on the other??

LOL, ok mr. cali. Sorry I hurt your feelings. Stay in kommfornia, youre not wanted anywhere else.
Ouch sounds like a cat fight 🐱

Better be nice to us from CA, as I tell my friends form other states " We in CA write the laws that you will soon live by " (y)

sorry to say CA comes up with the all the BS that slowly moves east.

Hey, your location says "hodge road", literally the hodge rd that we shoot on one side and go to the slash x on the other??
Nah, I just mix it up with places I grew up riding and shooting at. Glamis, Zzyzx Road, Hodge Road, etc.

Reactions: Rick Flair and WSS
Nah, I just mix it up with places I grew up riding and shooting at. Glamis, Zzyzx Road, Hodge Road, etc.
I was shooting at hodge Sunday. Laid out some 600m lead. I grew up on the same trails. Also did red Mtn/trona and Bessemer mine rd/KOH as kids.

Reactions: Rick Flair and L J
Ouch sounds like a cat fight 🐱

Better be nice to us from CA, as I tell my friends form other states " We in CA write the laws that you will soon live by " (y)

sorry to say CA comes up with the all the BS that slowly moves east.
LOL, you are correct about most of the laws. I still dont understand why that is. It slowed down for a while but seems to be getting worse again. I got family in Ca, love them all but their thinking aint right. Cat fight? More like two internet keyboard warriors throwing jabs and never connecting but swinging wildly anyway. California is a great state, but half the people and the politics are fucked up. Just hope most stay there and dont ruin the rest of the country.

Reactions: Rick Flair
LOL, you are correct about most of the laws. I still dont understand why that is. It slowed down for a while but seems to be getting worse again. I got family in Ca, love them all but their thinking aint right. Cat fight? More like two internet keyboard warriors throwing jabs and never connecting but swinging wildly anyway. California is a great state, but half the people and the politics are fucked up. Just hope most stay there and dont ruin the rest of the country.
Oh sorry to say they are leaving and moving to red states like TX, AZ, ID. And in a few years they will fuck up those wonderful places also.

Oh sorry to say they are leaving and moving to red states like TX, AZ, ID. And in a few years they will fuck up those wonderful places also.
Yes they are. I was looking at voting trends last week while talking with a buddy in Houston and TX has been moving left for a while and is close to becoming a Democrat state. I don’t understand why leave a place because you don’t like the politics and the issues caused by them and replicate it n a new location. Colorado has moved left in the cities just like they have in Kansas. Ks is still a Republican state, but not for long. My kids moved to Ok, and said they are moving more right than it was in the past. It’s all screwed up as far as I’m concerned. Enough of the thread high jack….

I gotta say it's always blown my mind people's need to regurgitate this leftist drivel.

It's not "leftist drivel", there's nothing political about my comment, I was just pointing out the social differences based on where people live. Most people just don't care about guns as much here. Don't get your stars and stripes all in a bunch Super Trooper.

It's not "leftist drivel", there's nothing political about my comment, I was just pointing out the social differences based on where people live. Most people just don't care about guns as much here.
It is whether you recognize it or not. People who just don't care aren't motivated to post that "I don't understand why" leftist drivel.

Don't get your stars and stripes all in a bunch Super Trooper.
Don't take anymore pucks to the head, Dudley Do-Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.