Replacement Halogen Bulb Suggestions?

Just another vote for the JK headlight conversion. They're slightly better than the original, which is nice. They look a little better in my opinion and what I really like is, should they ever burn up a bulb, you just have to replace it from the back instead of pulling the whole bezel out, etc.
I also picked them up off of craigslist, $20 with bulbs in them. Just some $12 jumpers that went from H4 to H13 and I was in business.

Original sealed beam on the left, JK housing on the right.

View attachment 124398

And below is with both JK housings in.

View attachment 124399
Those look good too. Nice bezels also

Haha thanks, I was too late on the draw, just saw your last post. Look forward to seeing how that works out!
I haven’t clicked “Buy it Now” yet...

Reactions: Vasq
This is the e-code Cibié H-4 glass housing. The bluish effect is from Osram Night Breaker bulbs.

cibie.jpg

Reactions: JMT and alittleoff
The E-code housings disperse the light in such a way that it produces a nice cutoff point and illuminates the fog line and road signs well. The Extreme Vision bulbs produce a higher color temperature, but not so much as LED bulbs do, so they work well in snow and are easier on your eyes. The wiring harness upgrade is not needed, but if you decide to up the bulb wattage, then I would recommend it. I'll let you know if the harness upgrade is useful, as I ordered it last week.

Reactions: 89grand
My Hella lights are so much better than stock, I have felt no need to do anything else, but like most things, once you get used to it, it might not seem as great as it becomes the new standard to improve on.

When I got my LJ a year ago, it had the stock sealed beams in it and they were pathetic. I went with the Hella E codes and I'm very satisfied with them using the stock H4 bulbs that came with them.

Reactions: JMT
I haven’t clicked “Buy it Now” yet...
If you get the Hella's, you will not be disappointed. Are there better lights? I'm sure there is, do the Hella's look stock, yet perform many times better, and are affordable? You can bet on that.

I use Hella E-Code housings and Philips X-Treme Vision +130 H4 bulbs. The "+130" refers to color temperature rather than wattage. They are still 60/55w but a bit whiter than standard H4's which makes them appear brighter.

Same here and happy with them.

Reactions: JMT and 89grand
If you get the Hella's, you will not be disappointed. Are there better lights? I'm sure there is, do the Hella's look stock, yet perform many times better, and are affordable? You can bet on that.
Thanks so much. As always, forum members come through and I learn something. I’ve been putting this off too long. Time to click buy it now.

Reactions: jazngab and Vasq
Slight redirect...I'm going for a basic blackout look on my 06. Anybody know of a good upgrade (I'm not a LED fan) that can give more of a blacked out effect when the lights are off, yet put out better light when on?🧐

If you'll consider a not stock look. Your missing out on one of the great bargains discussed at length on here. The Truck Lite LED knock offs. They're $65 and will improve your headlights massively. Many of the members here are running them. I can't say enough good things about them. Others can chime in on the many benefits over halogen. They take just moments to install. I think it's three screws per side and the plug?

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/replaced-headlights-with-truck-lite-knockoffs.6239/

A lot of folks, especially older ones like me, don't really like the color of the LEDs. A slightly warmer color, closer to natural sun light is easier for me to see. LEDs seem to harsh and cause glare for me.

I like the look of LED's as a driver. Not all, but some cars just seem way to bright and blinding when coming at you.

As for the look of them when standing and looking at a vehicle with them, I think it depends. Most of the ones for TJ's don't look right to me, just kind of out of place looking. There are a couple that I think I've seen that were ok. The one that have multiple lenses inside them (I don't know if that is what they are called) look like bug eyes and really look out of place to me on a TJ. I'm sure they light up the road well though.

I'm "older" and don't notice the color difference on my LED's. I think blue Halogen and HIDs look worse. I also think it's hard to tell what's a HID and what's an LED. I think the lights that are too bright are quite often HID. And/or a lens adjustment issue. Since replacing my stock lights with LED's I have not been flashed once. And I left the adjustment the way it was. All in all it's a huge upgrade to me. I wear glasses. And I can see twice as good with the LED's as I could with the stock headlamps. It's a huge improvement. I guess what I'm saying is don't throw out the baby with the bath water. It bothered me too prior to these lights - the ones that are too bright coming your way and blind you. I don't think LED's are to blame for that near as much as HID's are. And adjustment is just as important as light type.

I do however also hate the look of those multiple bug eye lenses that they sell. I also don't think they look right on a TJ. However the Truck Lite knock offs have a simple lens that I think looks fine on a TJ.

These are the Truck Lite knock offs on my TJ.

20190911_152535.jpg

It's not the oncoming lights that bother me. It's the color temp of the lights of the vehicles I'm in. Tho you could be right on the LED/HID bulbs. I've been assuming the problem ones were LEDs without confirming it. Thanks for the re-think. Glad this came up before I bought (possibly) the wrong lights.🍻

Proper headlight adjustment goes a long way. Understanding color temperature will help with your decision.
hibeam-jpg_6379.jpg
lowbeam-jpg_6378.jpg

Had worked as a pressman (ran a printing press) for a decade or two 🤓so color temp is easy for me. Why folks run headlights out of adjustment is a mystery to me🤯. They see less and so does everyone else.