Replacement Halogen Bulb Suggestions?

Hella Ecodes arrived today. Quick easy swap. Haven’t tested it on road yet but much much more tame light than the truck lite knock off LEDs. I don’t drive the Jeep a ton at night but I do like the stock look much better.

A0E582E1-44D5-419E-8BB8-98EEC22A83FE.jpeg

D03958C7-BB30-4DA8-97BE-70FC18C9C06B.jpeg

To me, these are plenty bright enough, and I'd rather sacrifice some performance for a stock look as I hate just about any LED light I've ever seen for TJ's.

To me, these are plenty bright enough, and I'd rather sacrifice some performance for a stock look as I hate just about any LED light I've ever seen for TJ's.
It’s funny. These come off as very dim to me coming from those super bright white LED lights. But then again I forgot what my stock sealed beams looked like at night.

Oh, these are way bet
It’s funny. These come off as very dim to me coming from those super bright white LED lights. But then again I forgot what my stock sealed beams looked like at night.
Oh these are way better than the stock lights. To me, if I can see the road fine, then the lights are bright enough.

The E-code housings disperse the light in such a way that it produces a nice cutoff point and illuminates the fog line and road signs well. The Extreme Vision bulbs produce a higher color temperature, but not so much as LED bulbs do, so they work well in snow and are easier on your eyes. The wiring harness upgrade is not needed, but if you decide to up the bulb wattage, then I would recommend it. I'll let you know if the harness upgrade is useful, as I ordered it last week.
How’s the harness? Is it this one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078XV8PL7/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I went with this harness,
https://www.ksuspensionfab.com/store/p6/H4_Upgraded_Headlight_Harness.html#/
But the Amazon one looks the same. Mine was $25 shipped. It was super easy to install and came with good quality pigtails and relays. Fit pretty much like a glove. I mounted the relays on the front side of the distribution panel under the hood. Hooked the hot lead to the distribution panel hot stud, and plug-n-play.

I looked up Hella P/N 50R-0033, shown in the photos. It traces to H4 housings used by the factory to equip JK's for the European and Middle Eastern markets. Whether it is the identical "E-code" light pattern used in Canada and the U.S. aftermarket I do not know, but it is certainly an appropriate pattern for @mouks in Switzerland.

BTW, these same housings are shown in several Ebay listings as fitting TJ's. That stands to reason because the Hella housings for the TJ and JK are the same size.

Reactions: Unacceptable mouks
I've been running E code Hellas for over a year now and I'm quite satisfied with them.

I went with Hella E codes, and a Hella harness that I got on Amazon. The harness is very easy to install and I used one of the front mounting screws for the fuse block to mount the relays for the harness.

4CFE7181-25EA-4809-9C1B-D68CB5656E75.jpeg

28CB376F-906F-4708-9B63-8D380CA71551.jpeg

73EC23F4-0521-4186-B164-322E3DE8180E.jpeg

FNG here, first post I think...

Jeep background: Not yet, although I'm off to test drive an '06 TJ tomorrow.

To do with this thread: A question - which would apply to any TJ I buy as well. I have an '85 Mercedes-Benz 300SD that I switched over to e-code Hellas 20 years ago (square). Much better than the stock sealed beams, and it was plug and play. However, I now notice that these headlights aren't anywhere near as good as the ones in our '14 Fiat "Pop", which are H13s I *think*, with projector housings. I would like to upgrade again, and I'm thinking LEDs, but I don't want to downgrade from glass headlites here in Florida, so am thinking of H4 LED replacements in the e-code Hellas.

Anybody have any experience/input on a "double upgrade" like this? Or would I really be better off getting poly carbonate sealed beam replacements as being discussed in this thread and just replace the darn things when they get fogged up? Does anyone make an LED sealed beam replacement that has glass lenses? I see several here don't like LEDs, any reason why other than color temperature issues? I tend to like very white light myself, "cool white" fluorescents and LED household bulbs.

Pretty clueless here - any thoughts would be appreciated.

FNG here, first post I think...

Jeep background: Not yet, although I'm off to test drive an '06 TJ tomorrow.

To do with this thread: A question - which would apply to any TJ I buy as well. I have an '85 Mercedes-Benz 300SD that I switched over to e-code Hellas 20 years ago (square). Much better than the stock sealed beams, and it was plug and play. However, I now notice that these headlights aren't anywhere near as good as the ones in our '14 Fiat "Pop", which are H13s I *think*, with projector housings. I would like to upgrade again, and I'm thinking LEDs, but I don't want to downgrade from glass headlites here in Florida, so am thinking of H4 LED replacements in the e-code Hellas.

Anybody have any experience/input on a "double upgrade" like this? Or would I really be better off getting poly carbonate sealed beam replacements as being discussed in this thread and just replace the darn things when they get fogged up? Does anyone make an LED sealed beam replacement that has glass lenses? I see several here don't like LEDs, any reason why other than color temperature issues? I tend to like very white light myself, "cool white" fluorescents and LED household bulbs.

Pretty clueless here - any thoughts would be appreciated.

@Rubicon John had luck with theses.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHD78DQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I just ordered a set myself and will try them out.

Reactions: Chris