RockJock upgrade from original sway bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current 3 hole Antirock appears to have done away with the two loosest settings from the original 5 hole. This means you can't run it as loose and floppy as Jerry did.

I think the opposite, assuming I'm interpreting their instructions correctly?

1712177584987.png

I've got the original steel 5-hole Currie Antirock and run it in the loosest setting as well, paired with the stock rear sway. I like how it performs. Not sure if I can keep the stock rear when I outboard though... something I need to look at still

I think the opposite, assuming I'm interpreting their instructions correctly?

View attachment 515010

Good catch. My 5 hole AR was always on the middle setting, which would be the current stiffest setting.

I keep my SwayLoc on it's second from loosest setting, which seems similar to my old Antirock. Though, the SL is an overall different and nicer animal than the AR.

If someone can be steered to waste $700 on an extra sway bar just from one word of a stranger’s comment and no further research, they deserve what’s coming to them.

That's a short-sighted way of looking at it...as if this forum doesn't have a reputation for providing excellent info, and the forum isn't designed to show higher credibility through post counts.

I added info about the SL so folks who drive on-road a bunch are aware of the benefits. This allows future readers to research more and fends off the bias posts defending how the antirock is "good enough" for people who haven't run a SL.

I would respect a person much more if they said that the SL is supposed to be better on the road, but they haven't tried it.

For some reason, folks who have never owned a SL bang their drum with their eyes and ears shut.

I would respect a person much more if they said that the SL is supposed to be better on the road, but they haven't tried it.

For some reason, folks who have never owned a SL bang their drum with their eyes and ears shut.

Ignorance truly is bliss.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
If we haven't scared OP away already, I thought I'd chime in. TJ Rubicon on 35's, no fancy shocks. I've driven this jeep with 0 Sway bar up front (Not recommended), with the factory bar (albeit with 33's not 35's), with an Anti-Rock, and with my current Sway-loc. The sway-loc is WAY worth the cost delta between it and the Anti-Rock, if you do any amount of road driving. I can definitely tell the difference in road manners when I have forgotten to re-lock my sway loc back in after a trail ride. The stiffness of the sway-loc in off road mode is approximately the same as that of the anti-rock. Its a bit harrowing driving the sway loc unlocked and I'd be worried about any type of emergency maneuvre.

Others may be "OK" or "fine" driving the anti-rock on the street...but not me, Not anymore. I used to and think it was "fine" and OK too...glad I never had to swerve around a kid running into the street.

If we haven't scared OP away already, I thought I'd chime in. TJ Rubicon on 35's, no fancy shocks. I've driven this jeep with 0 Sway bar up front (Not recommended), with the factory bar (albeit with 33's not 35's), with an Anti-Rock, and with my current Sway-loc. The sway-loc is WAY worth the cost delta between it and the Anti-Rock, if you do any amount of road driving. I can definitely tell the difference in road manners when I have forgotten to re-lock my sway loc back in after a trail ride. The stiffness of the sway-loc in off road mode is approximately the same as that of the anti-rock. Its a bit harrowing driving the sway loc unlocked and I'd be worried about any type of emergency maneuvre.

Others may be "OK" or "fine" driving the anti-rock on the street...but not me, Not anymore. I used to and think it was "fine" and OK too...glad I never had to swerve around a kid running into the street.

I installed the SwayLoc within weeks of building and installing the tuned front Foxes. My initial thoughts on the SwayLoc in terms of stability and control on the street was that is was a similar magnitude in overall improvement as the good front shocks were compared to the previous Antirock and 5000xes.

The SwayLoc changes the overall character of the Jeep for the better compared to an Antirock and to my memory of the factory sway bar.

@Jerry Bransford I will gladly bath in your new barrage of downvotes if that means exposing your ignorance.

We haven’t even gotten into your history of leaching on vendors when you find parts you want. Just as you attempted to do in the recent wranglerfixed thread. Pretty gross.

Having a trillion posts and knowing a bunch of part numbers won’t fix your inability to reason on topics you are ignorant on and unwilling to learn.

@Jerry Bransford I will gladly bath in your new barrage of downvotes if that means exposing your ignorance.

We haven’t even gotten into your history of leaching on vendors when you find parts you want. Just as you attempted to do in the recent wranglerfixed thread. Pretty gross.

Having a trillion posts and knowing a bunch of part numbers won’t fix your inability to reason on topics you are ignorant on and unwilling to learn.

IMG_0428.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Rickyd and MikeE024

1712192665207.png

I've got the original steel 5-hole Currie Antirock and run it in the loosest setting as well, paired with the stock rear sway.

For future readers.
The loosest setting isn't (usually) necessary.
It only needs to be set loose enough to allow full travel of the shocks.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
For future readers.
The loosest setting isn't (usually) necessary.
It only needs to be set loose enough to allow full travel of the shocks.

Not true. Mine had full 12" shock travel in the middle hole.

• Haha
Reactions: Superjay5

Thank you for not drinking the koolaid.

I upgraded from an Antirock to a SwayLOC before the Antirock was even installed. The recommendation from mrblaine is all the prompting I needed as he's yet to steer me wrong. Better handling on-road and equal handling off-road. IMO, the performance increase is well worth the ~$150 difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.