Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

On your slider trimming issue, what about just “redefining” the new front fender line if you don’t need the tire clearance at that particular point and keep the bar? I get the bar is a clearance issue but it may also save your tub / door and the extra work

On your slider trimming issue, what about just “redefining” the new front fender line if you don’t need the tire clearance at that particular point and keep the bar? I get the bar is a clearance issue but it may also save your tub / door and the extra work
The bar has been hanging me up long before now so I knew it would be requiring a bit of work. It's the main reason I wouldn't recommend anyone else spend the GR money just to go hack it up as I'm about to do.

However, my intent is to keep some type of bar moving it higher to the door line end of the slider. Hopefully keeping something will keep the protection you're mentioning with the tub/door.

I've been playing around with the idea of simply moving the bar elsewhere, which is still on the table as well.

Enjoy the ordering process. At some point you randomly end up with a pallet full of boxes in your driveway. Crawltek still shows unfulfilled even though they are in my garage.
Dont worry, im not buying anytime soon. Ill probably change my mind a gazillion times again by then so who knows😂

Getting everything buttoned up under the hood required a new battery tie down. I used it as an excuse to practice some welding and built this and welded it in to a plate that is bolted to the fire wall and fender.

It's nothing special, but I'm new to "fabricating". In any case, I'm fairly happy with it.

PXL_20211130_172009007.jpg

PXL_20211130_181736056.jpg

Would you do me a favor and get a measurement from the fender line to the furthest point of the inner fender? Im trying to see how far inward these are, in the event I have to redo my york setup. Not a big deal if I have to. And if anyone would do one of their genrights while im at it👍
7C934701-5145-446A-AD09-E8672B79F7D8.jpeg

Would you do me a favor and get a measurement from the fender line to the furthest point of the inner fender? Im trying to see how far inward these are, in the event I have to redo my york setup. Not a big deal if I have to. And if anyone would do one of their genrights while im at it👍
View attachment 293472
GR Highline.
20211130_153223.jpg

Reactions: D M
View attachment 293472
16383264245812145257177759264991.jpg

Sorry. I added an air filter, let me know if you need a pic without it.

Reactions: Alex01 and D M
Are you still happy using the pack out system? I may have accidentally ordered one on Black Friday.
Overall I'd say so. They're releasing a drawer version that might work better even, but I've not seen it anywhere to measure yet. I have to keep my back seat, but the only thing better that comes to mind would be something permanently mounted that's lockable.

I've considered grabbing @Claytone 's box for this but haven't convinced myself one way or the other yet

Reactions: Apparition
Overall I'd say so. They're releasing a drawer version that might work better even, but I've not seen it anywhere to measure yet. I have to keep my back seat, but the only thing better that comes to mind would be something permanently mounted that's lockable.

I've considered grabbing @Claytone 's box for this but haven't convinced myself one way or the other yet
It looks handy so I figure it can go in the truck, trailer or one of the LJ’s.

Reactions: rasband

I thought you might be checking out my box….
If you want to take a look at it I’m home this weekend.

Good luck finding any place with that particular Packout in stock. I’ve been looking for a while. The measurements online are ok, but it’s nice to put hands on prior to spending $$

Reactions: rasband