Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

How will people know this was a Rubicon and that it's superior?

PXL_20211127_220035868.jpg

In any case, I got enough time to finally get to work on the crawlteks. It took me a while to figure out how to close the hood again.

PXL_20211126_183619869.jpg

I guess you need to cut a bunch of stuff off, then shave it down for a finished look.

PXL_20211127_224419269.jpg

All this work ruined my beautiful sliders, just look how much has to be trimmed.

16381502843785780878119382242343.jpg

Even worse the new "clearance" will require trimming the bar on the slider.

16381503643607858558645734522489.jpg

Clearly it opened up other issues to solve, like how to use all this wheel travel space.

16381505304988658176960006215940.jpg

After all these highline threads I expected to have no space inside, what the hell - there's way too much.

16381506191554361959341709126929.jpg

I might still be able to fit my factory air box.

16381506650777649216424183151809.jpg

What a disappointment. 😂🤣😂

More seriously. These are designed very well. The only reason things aren't bolted back down is I need to get to ACE for the #10 hardware so the pieces bolted down match the fender hardware.

Next up, this one goes to 11.

PXL_20211128_183806037.jpg

IMG_20211123_201102_845.jpg

I think this is the first time where I said to myself, "Self, those are the best looking highline or after-market fenders I have seen and I like them better then the OEM look!" hmmm...

I think this is the first time where I said to myself, "Self, those are the best looking highline or after-market fenders I have seen and I like them better then the OEM look!" hmmm...
I'm honestly surprised how much I like them installed, I wasn't confident in them at first.

Reactions: tworley and JMT

View attachment 293055

In any case, I got enough time to finally get to work on the crawlteks. It took me a while to figure out how to close the hood again.

View attachment 293059

I guess you need to cut a bunch of stuff off, then shave it down for a finished look.

View attachment 293062

All this work ruined my beautiful sliders, just look how much has to be trimmed.

View attachment 293063

View attachment 293064

Clearly it opened up other issues to solve, like how to use all this wheel travel space.

View attachment 293068

After all these highline threads I expected to have no space inside, what the hell - there's way too much.

View attachment 293069

View attachment 293070

More seriously. These are designed very well. The only reason things aren't bolted back down is I need to get to ACE for the #10 hardware so the pieces bolted down match the fender hardware.

View attachment 293071

View attachment 293077
As a side note to this, I'd recommend anyone else doing this to wait to install hood pins. Mine shifted enough where it's fairly tight to open and close.

Reactions: Alex01

View attachment 293055

View attachment 293059

View attachment 293062

View attachment 293063

View attachment 293064

View attachment 293068

View attachment 293069

View attachment 293070

View attachment 293071

View attachment 293077
That solidifies my highline choice right there! Thank you for being the test dummy for me😂 I have been debating between GR 4" Highlines and the crawlteks, but couldnt find any pics of a TJ/LJ on 35s with them. Thank you for posting them, those look sooooo good! I plan on doing them sometime next year👍 Ive got the same hood louver, now the real question is should I go black or red for the outer fender.

Reactions: Alex01 and rasband
That solidifies my highline choice right there! Thank you for being the test dummy for me😂 I have been debating between GR 4" Highlines and the crawlteks, but couldnt find any pics of a TJ/LJ on 35s with them. Thank you for posting them, those look sooooo good! I plan on doing them sometime next year👍 Ive got the same hood louver, now the real question is should I go black or red for the outer fender.

Glad I can finally be the tester, I've learned from so many others here for other components that learned the hard way. Soon I'll test the flex on both a semi generic 4" build and the upcoming shock work.

View attachment 293055

View attachment 293059

View attachment 293062

View attachment 293063

View attachment 293064

View attachment 293068

View attachment 293069

View attachment 293070

View attachment 293071

View attachment 293077
Face Palm. It's not a Rubicon anymore. What have you done?!

Nice work!
Love the rear front fender wall pushed back almost 4"!
Bet it won't bother you one bit to cut that off!

Face Palm. It's not a Rubicon anymore. What have you done?!

Nice work!
Love the rear front fender wall pushed back almost 4"!
Bet it won't bother you one bit to cut that off!
It's now a bastard! What an abomination. I'm going to cut that whole step off and replace it after the holidays with @starkey480 's recommendation which will tie in once the front flak is done.

Glad I can finally be the tester, I've learned from so many others here for other components that learned the hard way. Soon I'll test the flex on both a semi generic 4" build and the upcoming shock work.
Were those 2.5s or the new model 2.0s youre gonna outboard with? Didnt get a good look, sorry if you answered it elsewhere

Enjoy the ordering process. At some point you randomly end up with a pallet full of boxes in your driveway. Crawltek still shows unfulfilled even though they are in my garage.

• Wow
Reactions: D M
Enjoy the ordering process. At some point you randomly end up with a pallet full of boxes in your driveway. Crawltek still shows unfulfilled even though they are in my garage.
I was about to DM you asking... Even better was my experience where I was alerted of a freight delivery that was down the street on a neighbor's driveway from a seemingly sketchy service. 🤷‍♂️