California Rubicon Trail Run

Only thing I wish I had was a front locker, but meh. Been running trails without one for 14 years, so guess it's not that important as long as I'm with good friends and offer beer for compensation, lol!

“TURN ON YOUR FRONT LOCKER”

If anyone else needs them, these are the frequencies I'm programming into my radio for this run.
Radio Frequencies.JPG

Reactions: DrDmoney
Metal Mart in Rancho Cordova can shear your parts for you, not sure what they charge though, I saw someone getting some parts sheared when I was down there before.

https://www.metalmartranchoca.com/
I picked up this plate from them 👍. Good to know they offer this service as well for future.

I have a grinder and a plasma cutter. Going to use cardboard box for rough cuts. I'm not going to spend too much time to make it look nice. Going to do what I can to make it functional in time for Rubicon run.

Are you allergic to bees? I will be packing lots of Benadryl and my EpiPen maybe even a back up Pen.

I recall a few yellow jackets, leave a small piece of meat for them and they leave you alone. No snakes. The folks who camped at Rubicon Springs were complaining about mosquitoes, there werent any at Loon Lake tho.
OK a few questions how many in your group and where did you stay on the trail?