Savvy shipping charges

Not for nothing but I have a pair of latches on the way from UK to here. They are small, would fit in a 4" x 4" x 9" long box and weigh less than 5 lbs. Freight is over 50 bucks.

All I know is there is no rhyme or reason to shipping costs. If you want to see really dumb prices, do USPS outside of their flat rate stuff. We get folks ship stuff back to us in a large flat rate box that they neglected to stick under the flat rate charges for reasons I can't figure out. 38-40 bucks in postage on the label stuck on a large flat rate box that is roughly 20 bucks to ship.

If you told me I could get a shifter size box to the UK for under 40 bucks, I would have to do it to believe it.
I currently have ten items in my cart with them, total weight just north of 200 lbs, largest three items have quoted shipped dimensions of 32"x15"x13", 36"x12"x12" and 22"x15"x14". Shipping cost to the UK for all ten items $189.

Reactions: BlueChip
I wondered if it was just Quadratec that could do the shipping so reasonably, or indeed if they had got it wrong. But having put the same and /or very similar items into a basket on the Morris 4x4 website they actually come up with a shipping cost a few dollars less then Quadratec. Now this is for "standard delivery" which will take about a month to arrive, but frankly that would be fine with me.

I wondered if it was just Quadratec that could do the shipping so reasonably, or indeed if they had got it wrong. But having put the same and /or very similar items into a basket on the Morris 4x4 website they actually come up with a shipping cost a few dollars less then Quadratec. Now this is for "standard delivery" which will take about a month to arrive, but frankly that would be fine with me.
Just ordered some aluminum flat bar from Midwest Steel, aluminum was 27 bucks, shipping was 28 bucks. Beat that.

Any time Savvy has over charged me for shipping they have always refunded me the difference.