Shock removal question

Well they're off, good job I don't need them!
Couldn't get a big enough set of vise grips on a Sunday afternoon. Hadn't seem suggestion of oil filter wrench. So, bit embarrassing, but it got ugly. I snipped at the metal sleave over the shaft until I had a section I could get some vise grips on...
View attachment 317083

One of the nuts was so stuck on the top of the shock actually sheared off anyway, second one undid but was by far the most unhelpful nut I have had on the Jeep so far.
Wait till you remove the rear shocks lol.

il_570xN.2811914547_30ma.jpg

Like I said, I have seen this recommended many times over the years and have even seen images of successes, but I have never personally needed to resort to snapping the stud off. But if I was in this predicament without other immediate options and I did not care about the shock, I would certainly give it a try. It would satisfy my curiosity and there is absolutely nothing to loose by trying. But I will certainly refrain from doing so anywhere near Washingmachine, WA for fear of upsetting your sensibilities.
Let's play it safe and you and your crew stay away from the west coast

• Haha
Reactions: jjvw
I'm saying this...any Neanderthal that removes a front shock by somehow rigging up a way to Jerk it away from the shock tower, breaking the upper stud does not need to be anywhere near my jeeps let alone working on them...clear now? What @jjvw Does on his jeeps is his own business but it ain't happening on my time
I really want to rip one of your shocks off now.