Shop fail

If it's as much fluid as you say I suspect the outer seal. I grabbed mine from NAPA. When mine leaked it was a very large puddle on the garage floor overnight

National 472572. I put a very thin coat of rtv on mine when it was replaced because the national seal didn't have the tfe sealer on it.

View attachment 317052
Thanks

Unbolted the power head from the stuck bar put my spare bar and chain on and cut it out, 15 minutes and I was back in action.
My last one I was cutting a dead fall out of the dogwood tree in my front yard, pinched the bar and ended up getting the front end loader to break the dead tree and bend the bar :oops: 🤬 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: ColoJeep
I was cutting down palm trees at the local Hooters and got a bar stuck in the stringy wet stinky palm crap. We had to pull it over with the truck and disassemble the bar to clean it out. Never again.

Reactions: John Cooper
I’m not surprised. I honestly think that good automotive shops are few and far between these days. I’ve come to the conclusion I’ll do what I can myself and the difficult stuff will go to only the most reputable places.
Which means you just pay Blaine to do everything 'cause we know you don't work on your own junk :giggle:

Which means you just pay Blaine to do everything 'cause we know you don't work on your own junk :giggle:
I do work on my stuff, I just know my limits in terms of what I can and can’t handle. I don’t have a welder or welding skills, so I’m not going to try to do an outboard in my garage. I also don’t have a lift which makes some things more challenging.

Other things I do however. For instance, I’m going to be installing a 520 HP SBC 396 in my garage in my Camaro.

I can do a lot, but again, not going to attempt to do something outside of my skill set when it’s easier to just pay someone with the tools and experience to do it for me.

Congratulations though, you sir are fake news!

200.gif

I do work on my stuff, I just know my limits in terms of what I can and can’t handle. I don’t have a welder or welding skills, so I’m not going to try to do an outboard in my garage. I also don’t have a lift which makes some things more challenging.

Other things I do however. For instance, I’m going to be installing a 520 HP SBC 396 in my garage in my Camaro.

I can do a lot, but again, not going to attempt to do something outside of my skill set when it’s easier to just pay someone with the tools and experience to do it for me.

View attachment 317128
But did you build the engine Chris? Asking for a friend! Anyone can install a Chevy, I could probably in 7th grade… just

• Haha
But did you build the engine Chris? Asking for a friend! Anyone can install a Chevy, I could probably in 7th grade… just
As someone who doesn't set up gears and has been waiting on a stroker order for almost 2 years, I'll never give anyone grief for things they don't do.

• Haha

I bought the undressed long block from BluePrint engines. There’s a lot to do to it before it goes in. The point I was trying to make is that I grew up working on cars and I have no problem working on my own car to some extent. In the case of somethings though, I’d rather leave it to professional. While I could undoubtedly figure out an outboard job, it would probably involve a lot of trial and error and I’d rather not mess something up on that scale. Especially considering that I’ve seen how badly I can be messed up from one of my previous jeeps and a shop I had do that outboard job.

Reactions: taylormade73

View attachment 317128
Just curious @Chris, what the engine math ?, ( bore , stroke , CR. ) what heads, and Carb. or fuel injection ?
Inquiring minds want to know ! This sounds way cool !

• Love
Here you go:

https://blueprintengines.com/produc...gm-dressed-longblock-fuel-injection-bp3961ctf
I am substituting the Holley EFI for the Edelbrock EFI. The latter is a fuel rail setup with one injector per cylinder. The former is simply a fighter style setup.
Are you going with the throttle body style FI just to keep the High rise intake ?
The engine spec.'s out real decent for the money ! Not to turn this thread into a all Chris's car, all the time.
But what are you doing for a transmission? And will 3 car seats fit in the back of a F-body? :p

Reactions: Chris
Are you going with the throttle body style FI just to keep the High rise intake ?
The engine spec.'s out real decent for the money ! Not to turn this thread into a all Chris's car, all the time.
But what are you doing for a transmission? And will 3 car seats fit in the back of a F-body? :p
The fuel injection is being replaced with this setup:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-35690
That’s a better setup than the throttle body fogger style. It makes more power too.

The transmission will be a built 4L80E.

Two car seats fit, but that’s okay as it’s not a road trip car or anything.

Should be fun when it’s all done. These things are so easy to work on it’s almost laughable.

BluePrint makes some of the best engines for the money and they have some of the best customer service and warranties from what I’ve read.