Should I buy a 241 transfer case?

it's a whole other story when you have to convince your Dad it's a good deal.
That's why I said you gotta have the cash...If you have to convince someone, its probably too late. I keep some at home, for just such occasions. Don't have to go to the bank, ask permission, etc.

Start setting some of your paycheck, allowance, or whatever source of income you have away in your sock drawer. Pretty soon, you'll have a couple bucks to jump on something that you need. If you sell something, the cash goes into the fund and builds it faster!

So I found a rubi 241 transfer case for sale near me,
Its for sale for $300...

ASSUMING that its in good condition should I buy it?

How much money would it take to make it fit an AX-15?

One problem I've heard with this is that the 241 is very big, would this not be a problem with my 1.25" BL?
Depending on the condition and what they go for in your area, I would try to flip it. Here in the bay area Im seeing them go for $1000+ with +100k miles on them and they sell within a day.

That is a lesson in and of itself... If your gut tells you it's a good deal, and you have the cash, jump! Real deals like that don't last long.

I missed out on a flip opportunity a couple years ago...1500 dollars for a whole Jeep. Running and driving. I wanted to get my wife's permission... But the time I reached out to the guy, it was gone.
Dude.. I missed out on a $650,000 house on 3 acres for ...hold on... $250,000 a few months back because I hesitated. TAKE THE DEAL! Lol

you are right I don't need it, it just feels illegal to pass up such a great deal.
plus I would feel horrible for buying it then turning around and selling it for profit
Why? That’s what every middle man in America is doing.

I’d buy it. I like the 4:1, but I’d really prefer more options that the Atlas provides.

I doubt it was a 4:1 case. There are 241s with a 2.72 ratio too.
Isnt that limited to a JK and newer? I thought all TJ 241's are 4:1? Could be possible though since that seems to be the going rate for the 2:72(231s) in my area

Knew someone that knew someone selling his passed father's unlisted property and desperate to get out of town. Cash only. He was already well off. I did some due diligence on the place, got busy at work and didn't call him for a week. he was in talks with someone else the day before I called. Oh well...

So I found a rubi 241 transfer case for sale near me,
Its for sale for $300...

ASSUMING that its in good condition should I buy it?

How much money would it take to make it fit an AX-15?

One problem I've heard with this is that the 241 is very big, would this not be a problem with my 1.25" BL?
Yes

Just putting it out there. I have a NP231 transfer case that jumps out of gear. Replaced it with a low mileage one. 1998 sport TJ auto. If someone wants it I'm in Tennessee. I would sell it as is and you pay for shipping. I was going to take it apart but don't have time. Make offer.

He said it was a Rubicon case. You're correct though, the 241 found it's way behind full size pickups, I believe.

241 vs 241OR
I know a guy who built up a YJ with a V8. He was telling me all about his cheap junk yard 241 transfer case and how he doesn't understand what the big deal is with the Rubicon case being so expensive because of the 4:1. I showed him the round badge on mine, where it states the ratio and to go look at his. The next day, he didn't want to talk about it.