Should I install a dropped pitman arm?

The axle is pushed too far forward via the control arms. Or the front pinion is too high. Or the drag link is bent from ramming into something.
Thanks - Interesting that I never thought of that. I do have some vibration at 30-40 MPH so I did adjust the front pinion (in conjunction with adding an SLE and the no longer needed trans/transfer case spacers) and it is within specs. Will recheck these other points.

for some reason someone put on a rough country drop pitman arm and a rough country adjustable track bar on a 2.5 inch ome lift. Can i just swap the pitman arm for a stock one? I don’t know why it’s in there with a 2.5 lift

Last edited:
I have a adjustable track bar on a 3.5" lift and 1.5" body lift. I installed a Pitman arm that is for a variable 2.5 to 6" lift. My steering is so much better and fluid, like original before lift. I was getting binding and tough to turn before I installed the dropped Pitman arm.
I know this post is a few years old but I agree that different configurations do work for lifted Jeeps. Some folks on this forum feel that their ways are the only option. I beg to differ! My Jeep with 6” lift works well with drop pitman arm.

Reactions: RonnieS
I know this post is a few years old but I agree that different configurations do work for lifted Jeeps. Some folks on this forum feel that their ways are the only option. I beg to differ! My Jeep with 6” lift works well with drop pitman arm.
In theory, a dropped pitman arm with drop track bar/brackets would work without a difference when driving. But would it angle the drag link correctly with the track bar is a guess

Oh, I see what you’re saying now.

The drop pitman arm only works if you have a drop track bar bracket to go with it. However, that is also a good sign of a lift that was poorly designed.

The proper solution is a stock pitman arm and either a stock track bar or an adjustable track bar, mounted to the stock track bar bracket. Whether the track bar is adjustable or not is irrelevant, all that matters is that the track bar isn’t using some sort of aftermarket drop bracket.

Hey I aw this and thought I'd ask.

I have an adjustable track bar, dropped pitman arm and track bar bracket. From my understanding, scrap the pitman arm for the stock and scrap the bracket all together.

img_7694-jpg.385386

Hey I aw this and thought I'd ask.

I have an adjustable track bar, dropped pitman arm and track bar bracket. From my understanding, scrap the pitman arm for the stock and scrap the bracket all together.

img_7694-jpg.385386

You got it!