Should I need a new front driveshaft with long arm lift install?

So I just installed a rubicon express long arm lift 4.5" that i got used and I'm ordering my rear driveshaft already did the sye and when to put in the front drive shaft and noticed it's about 2 inchs short
From what I know the front should just fit fine so im starting to think the front is stretched a couple inchs
Any help would be appreciated

Maybe @Shawn at Tom Wood's can chime in-

start with gathering some baseline info-

Stock wheel base, driveshaft length and working range,typical axle to skid plate measurements from other members, are the springs bowed, etc- you have got to find out where you are and where you need to be-

Anything you could need to know about a TJ is on here or in these guys heads, and we have a good, hands on core membership.

Maybe @Shawn at Tom Wood's can chime in-

start with gathering some baseline info-

Stock wheel base, driveshaft length and working range,typical axle to skid plate measurements from other members, are the springs bowed, etc- you have got to find out where you are and where you need to be-

Anything you could need to know about a TJ is on here or in these guys heads, and we have a good, hands on core membership.

I honestly never thought of measuring the wheel base but the hiemjoints on the lift are all bottomed out and the bottom front spring mount seems about an inch ahead of the top. The springs and shocks seem to be slanted forwar

I honestly never thought of measuring the wheel base but the hiemjoints on the lift are all bottomed out and the bottom front spring mount seems about an inch ahead of the top. The springs and shocks seem to be slanted forwar

Something is up- you are going to have to get a baseline.

First thing I want to do is evaluate how you are determining the proper length of the shaft and how much too short it is. It can be hard to tell sometimes what the proper length or running position of the shaft really is. Do you have a side view photo of the front shaft while installed in the Jeep?

Reactions: Wildman
Your steering,trackbar,and front diff all clear at full stuff,droop and articulation? I'm not aware of a way to simply move the front axle forward 2" on our jeeps without a lot of mods

Pics would definitely help with this one. Also take a measure of the radius arm from joint to joint and let us know what it is.

Your steering,trackbar,and front diff all clear at full stuff,droop and articulation? I'm not aware of a way to simply move the front axle forward 2" on our jeeps without a lot of mods

I got everything together but the steering linkage and track bars seem very tight to the diff

Also mesure the tcase flange to diff yolk at 24.5 inchs at ride height and with the hiemjoints at the proper position it would be closer to 26" lenth

I got the measurements
Wheel base currently is 95inch
The radius arm is 38.25 currently

20230312_204226.jpg

20230312_204246.jpg

Definitely not I pulled the slip joint out trying to get the shaft on the pinion and there's a .5 inch gap with the splines not even engaged
That's odd and surprising to read. I installed a Rubicon 4.5" long-arm suspension (regrettably in retrospect) onto my previous TJ and the original front driveshaft bolted up fine.