Sinning...in thought only

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
I'm contemplating trading the SE in on a '12 and up JKR. Slap some wheels and tires, a winch and moving the CB over and calling it good.

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned, albeit in thought only.

Somebody talk me down please.

Reactions: MikeM
Smooth running V6, upgraded Dana 44 fore and aft, 33" tires with only a wheel change, part time lockers WITH limited slip when unlocked, a SIX speed, solid factory suspension. Oh man, my head hurts.

What's drawing you into TJ JKUR?
NOT an unlimited. Already have one of those in the clan, don't need another.

I must be getting frustrated by the pace my build is progressing at or something. The JKR's really good rigs that essentially need nothing other than wheels, tires and a winch to do what I need. The down side is that a JKR is the opposite of a slightly built SE. All that simplicity goes right out the window.

Plus there's the whole size thing with the JK's. They are not small, light and simple.

TJ's are a labor of love, and simple to build and repair. JK's are a bloated representation of what jeep used to be, and often an urbanite fashion accessory. We stayed in downtown Chicago for a few days this week, and 4 door JK's were EVERYWHERE, couldn't go more than a couple blocks without seeing one.

I'm hearing you, but why? Are you tired of messing with a TJ? Not having fun anymore? It's ok, you only sinned in thought! It's worse to actually go through with it! :confundio1:

Reactions: StG58
TJ's are a labor of love, and simple to build and repair. JK's are a bloated representation of what jeep used to be, and often an urbanite fashion accessory. We stayed in downtown Chicago for a few days this week, and 4 door JK's were EVERYWHERE, couldn't go more than a couple blocks without seeing one.
That's no doubt, JK's ARE everywhere. ...and most don't wave!
4 angry squirrels or 6 overweight otters? Squirrels all the way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol 4 angry squirrels all the way!
Wasn't there some sort of rule when you signed up on this forum stating that if you sold/traded a TJ for a JK you were automatically banned for life?
@Chris would hunt me down and hurt me...then ban me for life.
I'm hearing you, but why? Are you tired of messing with a TJ? Not having fun anymore? It's ok, you only sinned in thought! It's worse to actually go through with it! :confundio1:
No, I actually like working on the TJ. It's still a blast to drive and gets me everywhere I want to go. Working on the wife's JKU is, well, work.

You own a JKU (well your wife does), so you have experience with them. I spent a solid day with one and I wouldn't sell my TJ for it. YES, I would own it as a second vehicle along with the TJ however. The TJ is just so much more simple and basic. Working on it is easy, it's mostly EMP proof (right?), and it's a great vehicle with an engine that is about as durable as they come.

Let's put it this way. If the end of times were upon us, I'd feel much more comfortable driving around in a TJ than I would a JK.

Reactions: NicKnack and StG58
Much to my wifes dismay, part of the fun in owning something like the TJ is the man hours put in modifying and making it your own. Just tossing on some wheels and a winch sounds boring. But what I would expect to happen is once you had one, it wouldn't stop at wheels and winch.

I won't go as far as @lovemachine, unless you go angry grill. Then it's off to that "other" forum for you :D

Reactions: Chris and StG58
I'm pretty much off the ledge now. But the thought of a plug and play, capable off road vehicle does have its appeal. Even though I'd have to pay more than $15 for my blue jeans and would definitely have to get a haircut!

Fun to think about sometimes, and I love everyone's responses!

Four angry squirrels forever!