Sinning...in thought only

Ordered from the factory in 2006, drove it for 6 years. Did a lot to this that doesn't show, and it was very capable. Sometimes I wish I had kept it...most times not. As soon as I see my TJ Rubicon, not.
DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

@StG58, stay with the four angry squirrels of the tj. While the jk is still a good jeep, it's just not the same. I've contemplated selling my Forester and getting a jk rubicon (which is an acceptable trade) but I'm never getting rid of my TJ. It's cool, my girls love it and it just makes me smile. If you sold yours you'd regret it.

Reactions: StG58
Beautiful country in your photos. While the jk has its place, it's just doesn't match the tj for fun and simplicity.
It boils down to the fact that while they are very capable vehicles, and easy to lift and do suspension mods to (but more expensive), troubleshooting problems pretty much have to be dealt with by the dealer. Better have a good warranty.

I always think about what I would do if I didn't have anything else to do to my vehicle... Like literally, nothing else. At that point I think I'd get bored with it and want something new. The nice thing about the TJ is that there's always something to do to it, even if it's something little.

Upgrade to an X, Sport, or TJR instead?
No matter what he may migrate to, there is always something that can be made better. It's a dude thing. My wife saw the latest shipment and said, "Can't you just drive it as it is?" Uhhhhhh, no. Sorry babe :D

The fact that I'm incapable of owning a vehicle with a V engine automatically disqualifies the JK. I've had 2 straight sixes, 5 four-bangers, and even a wankel rotary, but never a V6 or V8. I have a deep seated hatred of working on V engines.

Reactions: JMT and Chris
The fact that I'm incapable of owning a vehicle with a V engine automatically disqualifies the JK. I've had 2 straight sixes, 5 four-bangers, and even a wankel rotary, but never a V6 or V8. I have a deep seated hatred of working on V engines.

With two cylinder heads it's twice as hard, I agree!

Reactions: GASnBRASS
Did that movie "Christine" do a number on you when you were younger?

Reactions: GASnBRASS
The i6 is iconic. It would be hard for me to let go and NOT totally regret it. With all the money I'd eventually spend fixing some POS engine I just buy mods for my Jeep!

The 3.6 is suppose to be a VERY good engine though. And from what I hear, much more power than the 4.0.

The JK's are more comfortable to drive. All the nice electronic equipment to play with. And, you have to admit, the new Bestop Glide is awesome looking.

Plus with all the plastic, you don't have to worry about rust anymore!

Damnit I'm sinning too!

Reactions: StG58 and StoneCold
The 3.6 is suppose to be a VERY good engine though. And from what I hear, much more power than the 4.0.

The JK's are more comfortable to drive. All the nice electronic equipment to play with. And, you have to admit, the new Bestop Glide is awesome looking.

Plus with all the plastic, you don't have to worry about rust anymore!

Damnit I'm sinning too!
Time will tell. If you only drive your vehicles 150k then it doesn't really matter what engine you have. If you want to double that or more your options get pretty slim.

Edit: Then there is the tranny and the rest of the vehicle. When I was looking for TJ's I found plenty falling apart around the engine.