Snatch block recommendations?

Running the line under the Jeep is the only practical way to do that which only requires one block. If you anchor in front and in the rear you will likely just do a sideways pull and I guess that's not really bad. With steel line it is not so difficult, not as easy with synthetic because you can snap the line on any sharp edge under the Jeep.

I thought the example in this video looked sound.

Reverse winch

I thought the example in this video looked sound.
I do think youtube videos are the only practical use of this technique. Out on the trail by yourself I personally can't see any situation it would be necessary. With a carefully planned recovery and a single block you can get allot done. There's a another video where Matt from Bleepin Jeep goes out and tries to find a situation to test it out and it doesn't work very well. All I really mean is I don't think it's something I'd use on the trail even if I did have the stuff.

I do think youtube videos are the only practical use of this technique. Out on the trail by yourself I personally can't see any situation it would be necessary. With a carefully planned recovery and a single block you can get allot done. There's a another video where Matt from Bleepin Jeep goes out and tries to find a situation to test it out and it doesn't work very well. All I really mean is I don't think it's something I'd use on the trail even if I did have the stuff.

Fair enough. Plenty of things seem to work much better in the movies. :)

Wouldn't be very practical for me to attempt living in West Texas anyway. I'd be hard pressed to find three trees to lash onto within 100 miles of each other.:p

Watched this video the other day... very interesting... and relevant to this discussion:
Good video. This says it all for those looking for cliff notes

7312228A-C334-401A-8884-52E3B2CF8BED.png

I asked @Garza and he just told me he would mark me down for one as soon as they become available.

It doesn’t look like they want people to be able to backorder or pre-order them.

We should have them ready to go no later than mid-next week.

Thank you,

Ricky

Reactions: rasband
We should have them ready to go no later than mid-next week.

Thank you,

Ricky

Make an announcement here when they are ready to order if you don't mind. I know myself and a number of others are waiting to pull the trigger (y)

Reactions: Apparition