Snatch block recommendations?

We are having an issue with Chrome browsers at the moment. If anyone having trouble trying to order would like to message me, I can send a direct invoice. Thank you!!

Ricky

almost too nice to use (like the rest of my TRE stuff)

snatch.jpg

They're Purty all right!

Edit: I can't say enough good things about these Snatch Blocks as well as all TRE products. I've added pictures for anyone that's on the fence. In my opinion you're getting a fantastic product and certainly getting your money's worth.

20200919_161512.jpg

20200919_161535.jpg

20200919_161620.jpg

20200919_180107.jpg

Last edited:
I got rid of my Warn snatch block and bought some TRE stuff a few months back. I haven't actually used any of the TRE stuff yet but it does seem to be high quality. The snatch block is certainly a lot lighter than the Warn one I had before. I like keeping things light so I'm happy.

I hope this is as good a thread as any to ask this question.

What do you guys think about the tree saver soft shackle from TRE? It should be plenty strong, no questions there. If one has a safety thimble, they should be able to directly connect to the tree saver shackle, right? Wouldn't this be the most "minimal" connection possible like @jjvw always emphasizes? I guess one negative is potential damage to the tree/bark since it's not a wide as a typical tree strap.

Reactions: jjvw
I hope this is as good a thread as any to ask this question.

What do you guys think about the tree saver soft shackle from TRE? It should be plenty strong, no questions there. If one has a safety thimble, they should be able to directly connect to the tree saver shackle, right? Wouldn't this be the most "minimal" connection possible like @jjvw always emphasizes? I guess one negative is potential damage to the tree/bark since it's not a wide as a typical tree strap.

I have one and while I have never used it, I have no doubt that it will do no damage to any tree that I hook it to. It will also hook straight through a TRE safety thimble so that the only attachment you need for the winch is the tree saver soft shackle itself. Much safer than any steel shackle in my opinion.

Reactions: jjvw and psrivats
I have one and while I have never used it, I have no doubt that it will do no damage to any tree that I hook it to. It will also hook straight through a TRE safety thimble so that the only attachment you need for the winch is the tree saver soft shackle itself. Much safer than any steel shackle in my opinion.

Exactly what I'm thinking, this must be the safest option possible. I have a safety thimble and couple soft shackles. Winch is mostly for emergency use. I think I'll get a tree saver shackle and be done with it.

Exactly what I'm thinking, this must be the safest option possible. I think I'm going to order one.

Soft shackles should work flawlessly as long as you have smoothed the recovery points on the jeep itself. If you smooth the shackle mounts on your bumper, no soft attachment should have any problem at all. I remember using steel line and steel shackles and thinking how much weight was in the system. As long as you can use soft shackles at each connection and synthetic rope, you have a much safer system than the typical jeeper running steel line and steel shackles.

Reactions: JMT and psrivats
Soft shackles should work flawlessly as long as you have smoothed the recovery points on the jeep itself. If you smooth the shackle mounts on your bumper, no soft attachment should have any problem at all. I remember using steel line and steel shackles and thinking how much weight was in the system. As long as you can use soft shackles at each connection and synthetic rope, you have a much safer system than the typical jeeper running steel line and steel shackles.

Savvy front bumper so no issues there. Rear, I have a hitch and tow strap/soft shackle though hitch with a pin should be good, no? I do also have typical recovery points in the rear as well, and I need to take a file to them sometime to do this (I had this saved from the forum from an old post):

IMG_0147.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Savvy front bumper so no issues there. Rear, I have a hitch and tow strap/soft shackle though hitch with a pin should be good, no? I do also have typical recovery points in the rear as well, and I need to take a file to them sometime to do this :

View attachment 190891

That is actually a picture of my personal Genright rear plate bumper. Anything of the sort is close enough. Some people have done less and achieved similar results. A hitch with a soft shackle around the pin is good enough assuming that the soft shackle isn't forced against any sharp edges. As long as the end of the receiver is dull enough for pulls that involve a significant angle, you should be good. Even a stock receiver is good enough for that but smoothing it out can't hurt.

Reactions: JMT and psrivats