Someguys 04

Summit had to have my filler neck n cap send out from the distributor. it hasn't gotten here yet.
so i dig up the email and hit the tracking ......and somehow they sent my shit to Potomac, MD. and it was delivered last Sat.
Summit says they'll get it right, but it'll be at least 3-4 days more b4 i see it.

I do have buddies running 42’s and 43’s with high HP on stock 14b shafts,
i'm not seeing enough reason to try and do a bunch of mods to it, the more $ i don't spend on it the more i have for the front end.

bummin today. rain again just like every wkend in cleveland.

seems Summits vender may have dorked me. i called and thought i got this on the way to being fixed. i got an email saying they were waiting for a tracking no.. then nothin for 2dys.
today i got to Summits site and it says the order was cancelled..........and no F'n customer service today. stuck untill mon. to see if i have to make a different selection. i'm not a double it up and have to send 1 back kinda guy.

i'm close to running..... i need windshield glass and some under body work to install the sliders and this fuel cell part.

does anyone know if they make a piece of poly for the TJ windshield frame thats not a wallet buster?

and today Summit says they cancelled that order after they got info the wrong tracking no. was given.

and the best part:
they now inform me the order will not ship from the vendor for at least 2wks,

That sucks, Summit's usually pretty good too.
ya, they are 30mins away i usually drive down cause i love to browse the 60% off return racks.

i'm next day 2 at the most if it's in stock but all they got in stock is vented cap/necks at least in the version i'd like to have.
when i ordered it they said the vender had like 20 listed in stock so IDK who bought the whole box.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
Sat. morn and it's pourin rain again ......god i hate this state.

no update about my fuel cell cap/neck yet.

i did order a bleeder lock from BMB, that arrived yesterday with some chap stick..........nothing rotten or dead and the part wasn't wrapped in 300ft of tape so i'm not sure if i haven't aggravated him yet or if i'm not in that club .

i got the passenger side all done, need a bit of trimming on the rocker yet, but it all fits pretty good. even cut the flak armor to fit what it is now. (that can always be changed later).
we got a fair bit of soil up here and mud is inevitable so i do need to retain some sort of flare to keep those nasty lugged wheels from pelting my ass. i chopped up the OE flare way back to come off the bend of my homebrew fender and just block what might be tossed at the cab, there was no clean way to contour it around without cutting and once around the bend it looked even more hokey than it is. b4 next season i'll dick around and come up with something easier to look at.

can't get good pics in the garage , i'll get some better once i can roll it out again. this shot is pre forgot about the dam door pins and had to ease room for the antenna.

217399650_344465163839541_6501598837147167407_n.jpg

now i need to address this 1ton plan better. Blaine brought up a point about diff offset and i find info that states the offset is 3.5" more driver side than a TJ/LJ axle.
this complicates things considerably. it would take an alteration of the passenger side tube to move the diff over 3.5" toward center. and then need to source an appropriate length inner shaft for that difference.

the 14B is 67"ish WMS to WMS and 3.5" from the 69.whatever" of the SD axle don't jive without spacers.
then i have to consider the work that needs done besides that shift.
carriers junk, need a locker.
shafts need upgraded.
likely be rebuilding the brakes to new condition.
BJ's, knuckles and unit bearings.
all the same shit any new housing would require.

what an old axle might offer is a chance to keep some parts temporarily and upgrade as funds allow. at a cost of 3-500$ for a used unit,........... that i either have to trim to an undesired WMS or eat some offset (1.5" ish).
i also need to carefully look at the location of my JK axle as it may be different than the TJ axle and i could already be where the SD 60 might fit with a short chop. i have my TJ 30 still so i'll measure the diff offset vs the JK axle.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
ok i got to pull a tape across those axles.
the TJ and the JK both position the pinions in similar offsets, within 1/4" of each other from best i can tell (hard to get a straight line through the tangle of parts on the mounted axle).

so a "short cut" on SD axle to keep the 14B WMS would hold the pinion center around an inch n half.( +/-) more driver side then where i'm at now.

got tired of this thing hangin between the weed whacker and the blower all swinging around like wind chimes every time i gotta get around the jeep. so it was time to put it on.

i guess i'll be ordering material for a rear valance plate and i'd like to trim the gate too but screw it, i got bigger fish to fry right now. wasn't any easy way to pull the ding out of the j , but it's fine by me the 1st dents out of the way so the second won't bug me as much.

217635558_1356242691458339_3206491794657374700_n.jpg

another 26m on hold to hear i'm stlll gonna be waiting another wk for my dam filler assy.
turns out it's all my dam fault now, i coulda got brushed aluminum, or could got anodized blue or black but the MF'ing red has to be powder coated and that's why i'm waiting so long.
Summit put me on hold to call the vendor and they claim they just finshed up production and parts will be going to PC soon.

why does this smell like 2 more wks to me?

i'm down to this fuel sys, the brakes need bled and the radiator needs swapped. i'd like it running when i do the brakes and the rad so i can flush both sys's.
rear drive shafts goin in Sat morn.

• Sad
Reactions: taylormade73
ordered up more aerosol color match paint today, for those front fenders.

priced the materials for a rear gate valance and it'd be just under 30$, also priced slabs in 3/16" large enough to cut trail doors from and those would run about 100$ ea. but some local guy has some 1/4" slabs up for sale for 125$ ea and i think i get get 2 doors from 1 drop.

gonna get that drive shaft in today and start jimmy riggin the fuel filler, so i can get my ass movin. i'm not sittin and waitin forever.

got distracted b4 i got to that driveshaft and gonna do it today.

somthin got under my skin a bit the other day ..........over on starkey480's thread a pic of 1 of blaines projects popped up. my dumb ass had to go and mention that in the end mine was gonna appear similar..............just details like wheelbase, aluminum panels, the spare angled up the cell behind the seats with the fill located similar, HL's, big wheels..........and i even admitted to the fact my POS was short about 10k worth of better shit.
for 2 fuckin seconds i just felt pretty good, just the stupid idea of, if i even came close i didn't do to bad. i felt i had conceded the fact they were not equals. but i guess it was pretty funny to kick the stool out from under me anyways.

well i went and shot that all to hell now.............Ohio and anywhere within 400mi is gonna be similar terrain and that means some mud. i really do love the nice sleek look of the flatter sides but if i lie to myself i'll be eating chunks. i need some sort of flare for these conditions my aggressive tires will pelt my ass to death with no debris blockers. i also want them off if i do not need them. 3rd i don't want anything solid, no hard outcroppings, it's gotta bend or give if challenged.

so i went and did 1 of my hokiest things to date. i hacked up the OE flares more, i added a 1/2 flare up front just to keep from coming back at the driver and 2/3 of the flare in the rear to keep debris from coming forward or upward.

they are both held on by only 3 self tappers. they should not ruin my tub if challenged. they should flex some, they should keep debris out of the occupants face (barely). they can be removed with only 3 visible holes (that can be covered with plastic plugs) in my tub at each corner. they are funky lookin yes, but bare minimum and meet the needed criteria. gonna leave um faded they are almost as light as the alumi. and (1 more time) removable only for when i need them.

this outa drop me from nag right down to goat, ay.

that front panels been brushed a bit and the rear is still raw, you can see the difference easily.

218106573_1543854792615436_4233012041589325073_n.jpg

219456307_537317514261086_7066367160558982574_n.jpg

229636733_4675259849160530_9051904822730028479_n.jpg

I wouldn't worry too much about what is said in comparing you rig to something others have built. Granted I don't know shit and my rig isn't even close to being done but I'd say you've done a really good job. And if you take into consideration all that you've done with what you have I'd say it a GREAT job.

I like the flares.

I wouldn't worry too much about what is said in comparing you rig to something others have built. Granted I don't know shit and my rig isn't even close to being done but I'd say you've done a really good job. And if you take into consideration all that you've done with what you have I'd say it a GREAT job.

I like the flares.
you been quiet lately, everything cool?

ya i'm over it now.......... knew the man didn't pull punches, but also didn't peg him for a sucker puncher.

driveshaft is in......y'all know what they look like installed, so no pics.
i give up a pic of used to be vs now it is. didn't get the accordion boot on this 1 but i can swap it over if i feel the need.

228810987_359931288907676_6290718799798669732_n.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
you been quiet lately, everything cool?

ya i'm over it now.......... knew the man didn't pull punches, but also didn't peg him for a sucker puncher.

driveshaft is in......y'all know what they look like installed, so no pics.
i give up a pic of used to be vs now it is. didn't get the accordion boot on this 1 but i can swap it over if i feel the need.

View attachment 268456

Ya I'm okay just been dealing with shit and trying to get myself in the right place to get working on my rig again. I took a few weeks off from the forum but I'm back.

I can't see any of the comments made by the person since he has me on ignore.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:o_O
Seems I really don't miss it much.

Summits vendor still has me hanging. yesterday was a month.

NashvilleTJ posted up an idea to make the door surrounds a bit easier to remove and use with less than a full soft top, which got me motivated to do something about mine.
i'd like to be able to use at least my lid so i refit the door surrounds to my new bars, i replaced the windshield riser trim so it didn't dead end into ugly but they needed a trim of what used to extend horizontally behind the sun visors to be useful because of the new roll tube layout.

having a hard time at the house again she's been out of work for over a month and is a drunken monster daily. i'm starting not to give a fuck anymore and i'm ready to split.

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman
still hangin on that part....

been tinkering with the spare carrier.
i made a split collar to mount onto the harness bar. to that i added my tabs to hold the carrier frame.
on the bottom of the frame i added an angle with 3 rubber footpads. it'll be totally removable and/or it could be lifted off the floor or raised to gain access to the fuel cell.

i messed with a hodge podge of crap to make the wheel hanger, but fear anything that's not welded or super solid will bow under the weight of the heavy wheel.

233629419_265124135140725_8113004297663187931_n.jpg