Someguys 04

So not to clog up Nashville's thread.

Dynatrac will sell you just a center section and tubes. I priced a HP44 this summer with 3.5" tubes and Dana 60 inner "C"s and it was about $1800. So my guess is a Dana 60 would be a little more. You can also get a center section from Solid and press in your own tubes.
Currie use to sell just the center section but I don't know anymore.

Reactions: someguysjeep
So not to clog up Nashville's thread.

Dynatrac will sell you just a center section and tubes. I priced a HP44 this summer with 3.5" tubes and Dana 60 inner "C"s and it was about $1800. So my guess is a Dana 60 would be a little more. You can also get a center section from Solid and press in your own tubes.
Currie use to sell just the center section but I don't know anymore.
Summit has a factory Dana HP60 housing w/ tubes for 1620, cost of C"s puts me at what Fusion or ECGS want for the housing, tubes and C's.

i found some place called the driveshaft superstore or something out of AZ. they sell the rockcrusher center ...........hell they have a whole Dana 60 front axle complete choice of width and locker for under 6k, nobody's close to that, but IDK if they are legit or not web page is kinda simple and hokey. wanna call and see if they might sell 1 as a builder housing.

http://www.driveshaftsuperstore.com/axles_and_differentials.htm

Solid is 825 for the diff and 500 for the C's, then i gotta get tubes installed. i dont even know where to begin to look around here for that task.
i'll peek Dynatrac again.

Summit has a factory Dana HP60 housing w/ tubes for 1620, cost of C"s puts me at what Fusion or ECGS want for the housing, tubes and C's.

i found some place called the driveshaft superstore or something out of AZ. they sell the rockcrusher center ...........hell they have a whole Dana 60 front axle complete choice of width and locker for under 6k, nobody's close to that, but IDK if they are legit or not web page is kinda simple and hokey. wanna call and see if they might sell 1 as a builder housing.

http://www.driveshaftsuperstore.com/axles_and_differentials.htm

Solid is 825 for the diff and 500 for the C's, then i gotta get tubes installed. i dont even know where to begin to look around here for that task.
i'll peek Dynatrac again.

You find a machine shop or local axle builder. It's just pressing axle tubes into the the centers and then you weld the tubes to centers. And then the "C"s to the tubes. And then all the brackets. So when you are adding up the cost of a axle from someone and it has brackets installed you need to figure in that price. Cause a full set of brackets isn't cheap.

You find a machine shop or local axle builder. It's just pressing axle tubes into the the centers and then you weld the tubes to centers. And then the "C"s to the tubes. And then all the brackets. So when you are adding up the cost of a axle from someone and it has brackets installed you need to figure in that price. Cause a full set of brackets isn't cheap.
thought it took like a 10k ram to push tubes? watched a video and those things screamed all the way in, they were fit so tight.

i got access to a 10ft ram at work, but IDK what it's rated to push. it is a substantial cylinder with at least a 2" shaft.

thought it took like a 10k ram to push tubes? watched a video and those things screamed all the way in, they were fit so tight.

i got access to a 10ft ram at work, but IDK what it's rated to push. it is a substantial cylinder with at least a 2" shaft.

I have no idea. I use to know someone who did this but not anymore.

I have a LP Dana 60 that needs to be retubed sitting in my garage.

i finally quit procrastinating over the Stahlbus valve for the oil pan and ordered that today.
and the passenger seat is in complete with restraint. workin on the driver side now. try and get pic up later.

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
some goodies waitin for me when i got home.
the TRE thimble and kinetic rope they also tossed in a can coolie and their sticker............but the real bonus was a free gear bag i did not order but was included. mighty nice of them. the thimble came with a cheap plastic fid as well.

had to do some tinkerin with the driver side seat mount. i had to add 1/4" spacers to move the seat toward the door some it was real tight on the console. so they are both in now.
and i got the tires changed over to the street wheels for now, so now i can get my miles done. and if i get pulled over at least i now have a seatbelt.

seat are snug but thats what i wanted. they do lean some because the OE seat mount is angled. it's comfortable and i can see over my dash bar to the end of the hood again but if i end up not likin it, i'll make a new floor mount for the driver side. only thing left is rig that tumble cable to a lever but i also might just use a 2 piece shaft collar and weld a short handle to it and clamp it to the release bar then i just reach down and tug the handle.........we'll see.

251770969_1741607542708987_4032195161308171162_n.jpg

251569190_2692926311009857_3961813818198804342_n.jpg

up bright and early this morn...........my body doesn't know about daylight savings time. and when you been on a schedule for 20yrs it's kinda engrained.

to many chores yesterday and i missed the window to get the jeep out so i'm gonna try today.
worked on strippin that trailer down......got the old axles and suspension dropped away ready for the scrap man. i cut away some of the tongue, the coupler was old and will be replaced and the A frame up front will be bolstered w/6" channel for strength. same with the rear beam it was more work than worth saving so it'll be replaced as well w/4" channel.

and as i was just about to order brand new axles. some 5200's popped up yesterday on marketplace. guy says he pulled them from his 5th wheel toy hauler so go up to 7k's. so i'm goin to look in bout 2hrs.
both are 5k series brake axles. straight tubes w/ 84" hub face. that should set me up for a nice 14ft deckover.

we'll see, 250$ for both..... wants them gone today.

up bright and early this morn...........my body doesn't know about daylight savings time. and when you been on a schedule for 20yrs it's kinda engrained.

to many chores yesterday and i missed the window to get the jeep out so i'm gonna try today.
worked on strippin that trailer down......got the old axles and suspension dropped away ready for the scrap man. i cut away some of the tongue, the coupler was old and will be replaced and the A frame up front will be bolstered w/6" channel for strength. same with the rear beam it was more work than worth saving so it'll be replaced as well w/4" channel.

and as i was just about to order brand new axles. some 5200's popped up yesterday on marketplace. guy says he pulled them from his 5th wheel toy hauler so go up to 7k's. so i'm goin to look in bout 2hrs.
both are 5k series brake axles. straight tubes w/ 84" hub face. that should set me up for a nice 14ft deckover.

we'll see, 250$ for both..... wants them gone today.
That's a great deal.

That's a great deal.
scored................ they need a coat of paint but they are 5200's with 3" tubes, 5 bolt brake flanges and 6 lug hubs w/12" brakes. gonna order a new suspension kit Mon.

i'm still gonna pull each end apart and be sure the spindles are all good and verify the bearing sizes and brake condition. i'll get a pic up when i get them unloaded.

He finds a LOT of great deals on market place. I guess I'm either not looking in the right spots or there aren't great deals up here in the PNW.
I second the suggestion that there aren’t a lot of good deals in the PNW.

Reactions: Wildman
He finds a LOT of great deals on market place. I guess I'm either not looking in the right spots or there aren't great deals up here in the PNW.
I’m not a big Facebook user, but I love Marketplace. I just sold my big bandsaw for full asking - in two hours.

I’m not a big Facebook user, but I love Marketplace. I just sold my big bandsaw for full asking - in two hours.
so much easier than CL when you can DM in real time, the email BS is why i dont bother.

he said he got a dozen hits but i was 1st in line.

put in your requests we'll start a jeep contraband supply line.

i said it b4 i'm willin to help any of you if i'm able to.

It's the big stuff that you find that is great like the Poison Spyder cage. People up here either want $$$$$$ for their JUNK or there isn't anything worth driving 4+ hours to pick up.

A set of Corbeau seats in MT are the best deal I've found. @JMT they might be worth you looking at? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/283929176972623/

got them offloaded and cut the springs away and to the curb b4 the junk man comes by. the old axles, the rear header, 2 junk rims and the rest of all the crap i cut away, it was all gone in under 30m.

they look rusty but it's just on the surface and just a few seconds with a wire brush cleans it right away.
gonna have to change my name to someguysaxles if i don't get movin.
weather is supposed to be mild tomrw so when i get home from work i'ma try and get them cleaned and primed and order that suspension kit.

252525471_2767454573552549_7359175258675485300_n.jpg

252115320_705185000872973_5155426686854408111_n.jpg

254115364_1052113482218451_8300138901604145677_n.jpg

It's the big stuff that you find that is great like the Poison Spyder cage. People up here either want $$$$$$ for their JUNK or there isn't anything worth driving 4+ hours to pick up.

A set of Corbeau seats in MT are the best deal I've found. @JMT they might be worth you looking at? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/283929176972623/
Dang nice seats! They’re already sold! 😩. I’m in St Louis now. I can’t imagine there’s much good wheelin around here. I’d like to be told different.

suspension kit ordered (5200# ea axle), all new stuff from the frame mounts to the U bolts.

not this but basically the same.

41bw44+WvFS._AC_.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting