Someguys 04

few pics i was able to get of that old 14bolt.
but he doesn't know what the WMS to WMS is. info i was able to find says it could be a 67.5" SRW axle or a 63.5" CnC axle.

14b.PNG

14b1.PNG

14b hub.PNG

Reactions: tworley
got a call from TW drive shafts today and my shaft is/was going back out to me today. they did it quick and wouldn't take my $ for shipping it back to me.

and i was able to get fender tops welded to the side panels and they fit pretty good onto the jeep. just need the rain to stop so i can work on those front gussets. and then some paint.

Sounds like it’s just in time for some 14b action!
not rushin into that..........i'm snaggin the axle out of convenience and cost. for a rainy day future project.
i'll run the 44's until then with 35's.

when the pigs ready to go in the shaft will be goin back for bigger joints anyways.

Reactions: Wildman
I know what you mean. I had to use both hands to get mine out of the truck…
i try not to bitch about bad knees a torn bicep and a bad back ,. my brain says i could do it......but my body may pitch a fit 1/2 way down.

i did get the front fenders bolted on and those gussets welded on. next is to drill all the connection holes to the inner fender
then i'll clean um up a bit b4 paint and they are as good as they need to be.

205963592_3446551795447697_1777189068294987100_n.jpg

203614540_515524659894524_9165676357325478747_n.jpg

Last edited:
finally got around to ordering the filler neck cap/spout. went with an Eddie's aluminum flush mount with a bright red cap. this will mount on the small panel behind the seat on the back of B bar.

should be able to mount those front fenders this wkend.

i dicked around with a spare tire mount that would connect off the harness rail and bolt to old seat bracket holes in the rear floor. kinda light duty but not finished yet, we'll see.

211883779_930136904224218_7425579082660980532_n.jpg

finally got around to ordering the filler neck cap/spout. went with an Eddie's aluminum flush mount with a bright red cap. this will mount on the small panel behind the seat on the back of B bar.

should be able to mount those front fenders this wkend.

i dicked around with a spare tire mount that would connect off the harness rail and bolt to old seat bracket holes in the rear floor. kinda light duty but not finished yet, we'll see.

View attachment 264162
You do some first class dicking around. I like it.

so i started readin into/about this 14B SRW FF. it's not to bad really.
besides the massive calipers being about the heaviest of any i've handled. a light weight or 3/4 ton brake package may be a future consideration depending on what it offers to shed..

a lot of info i find says don't even bother to upgrade much it'll handle the weight of a tj and 4.0 like nothin on up to 40" wheels in stock form.
since i can get axle shafts from the bone yard for under 50$ and carriers are dirt cheap as well i may just weld it into a spool.
i could drop coin for some 5.38 gears, new calipers and run it till i brokeded it..

a shave doesn't look that complicated and i can make my own patches/plates. as well as truss, brackets, and pinion guard tie in. i'd likely buy the shave cover and the pinion guard.

not understanding how 35 splines fits in here........seems ARB is the only 35 spline traction device with most others being lunchboxes or spools in 30 or 40 splines and ARB being the only true selectable i find for a 40 spline.

if i did choose to go 40 spline i'd have to swap spindles or change to a cup and UB. is this where the 35 splines comes into play with UB's?

Last edited:
If memory serves the stock 14 bolt is 30 spline, right? Don’t get hung up on the spline count, the 30 spline 14b shaft is a larger diameter than the 35 spine 60 shaft. It’ just a different spline configuration. 40 spline shafts would be cool - I thought about it when I built mine - but it would have been a lot of work and expense, and it seemed liked overkill even for me.

And for me, doing the shave was a fun project. And a full shave does get you a full 2”.

Everything about the beast is heavy, no getting around that.

Reactions: someguysjeep
Here is a shaft comparison - that’s the 14b in front, 60 in the back.
C3B15176-3018-4AD6-89FD-97EE15B08714.jpeg

Perspective here does make the difference look bigger than it actually is, but it is definitely beefier.

If memory serves the stock 14 bolt is 30 spline, right? Don’t get hung up on the spline count, the 30 spline 14b shaft is a larger diameter than the 35 spine 60 shaft. It’ just a different spline configuration. 40 spline shafts would be cool - I thought about it when I built mine - but it would have been a lot of work and expense, and it seemed liked overkill even for me.

And for me, doing the shave was a fun project. And a full shave does get you a full 2”.

Everything about the beast is heavy, no getting around that.

Well we all know you are going to put those shafts to the test when you get your 42" tires so we'll see just how well stock shafts hold up.

Reactions: someguysjeep
Well we all know you are going to put those shafts to the test when you get your 42" tires so we'll see just how well stock shafts hold up.
you'd be surprised how many articles claim your good up to 44" if you don't have a heavy foot.

Well, stock size shafts but chromo. I do have buddies running 42’s and 43’s with high HP on stock 14b shafts, and no breakage that I know of yet. And they are certainly not light foots. The good news is that a broken shaft on a 14b is usually a 5 minute job.