Stage Two has begun!

Yeah, not so much if you pull the wires out of the diff grommet. But, if you do the same snag on an ARB air line, a few seconds with a pocket knife and a push to connect coupling puts you back in business.
Yeah, but there are plenty of scenarios that we can dream up that have a one in a million shot of happening. All I was saying is that it's not a hard fix if it were to ever happen.

Reactions: Chris
Yeah, not so much if you pull the wires out of the diff grommet. But, if you do the same snag on an ARB air line, a few seconds with a pocket knife and a push to connect coupling puts you back in business.
These things are why I'm so back and forth on the locker... They both have their benefits. It would be nice to have less in the chain to worry about with the e locker - like no compressor etc. -But that can also be advantageous, as in having an on-board compressor lol.

I'll most likely end up doing arb. But who knows by the time I get to that decision ;)

Reactions: JP98
Yeah, but there are plenty of scenarios that we can dream up that have a one in a million shot of happening. All I was saying is that it's not a hard fix if it were to ever happen.
Why don't we just agree that you should protect both wiring and air lines like it matters because it does and not use either as a reason to select or not select a particular product?

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
These things are why I'm so back and forth on the locker... They both have their benefits. It would be nice to have less in the chain to worry about with the e locker - like no compressor etc. -But that can also be advantageous, as in having an on-board compressor lol.

I'll most likely end up doing arb. But who knows by the time I get to that decision ;)
Are you going to switch to a different type of brake system because you're worried about snagging a brake line?

Why don't we just agree that you should protect both wiring and air lines like it matters because it does and not use either as a reason to select or not select a particular product?
LOL. You quoted a post that was a month and a half old just to make a point about something. Not sure why. You didn't read the post I made above the one you quoted I guess but I never said that is why I selected anything. I said that I replaced a bad Rubi locker with an Elocker and loved it. Just added that if the wire got broke it was a quick easy fix. Never said that ARB was bad in anyway. I just didn't want the expense of adding air. So I can agree to protect both air and electrical wires. I do still have the Rubi air locker up front and do protect the line.

LOL. You quoted a post that was a month and a half old just to make a point about something. Not sure why. You didn't read the post I made above the one you quoted I guess but I never said that is why I selected anything. I said that I replaced a bad Rubi locker with an Elocker and loved it. Just added that if the wire got broke it was a quick easy fix. Never said that ARB was bad in anyway. I just didn't want the expense of adding air. So I can agree to protect both air and electrical wires. I do still have the Rubi air locker up front and do protect the line.
I rarely look at dates on current threads. I got a notice of an update to the thread, it took me to a post that needed addressing, I addressed it. It wasn't for you entirely unless you can assure me that you're the only one that is going to read the thread.

You have no need to address the post. It was my opinion about my locker on my Jeep and how I felt it would be easy to make quick repair. Oh. You left out that quick disconnects have a tendency to leak when used on soft air line. Even the best ones.

You have no need to address the post. It was my opinion about my locker on my Jeep and how I felt it would be easy to make quick repair. Oh. You left out that quick disconnects have a tendency to leak when used on soft air line. Even the best ones.
The line used with the ARB is not soft. It is nylon 6/6 and the push to connect couplings for them do not leak.

Parts are starting to go on :)
IMG_7340.jpg

Me too!
This was one of the things I was most looking forward to. Besides the excellent performance offroad, now I don't have to fight with my hands while trying to put disconnects back on after wheeling :)

I agree. I was a happy man when I switched from disconnects to the Antirock. I only wish I had been smart enough to have just gone with the Antirock in the first place.

hey guys forgive me for interrupting but im installing savvy upper rear control arms on my 97 jeep tj and the greaseable bolts that came with the arms are to large for the square holes in the brackets . so did you just drill them out to 9/16 and use the bolts????

hey guys forgive me for interrupting but im installing savvy upper rear control arms on my 97 jeep tj and the greaseable bolts that came with the arms are to large for the square holes in the brackets . so did you just drill them out to 9/16 and use the bolts????
well I did get in touch with Savvy and they told me to drill the brackets out. It actually only took one or two turns with the drill and the bit went right through. Also had to disconnect the sway bar to drill out the brackets.

well I did get in touch with Savvy and they told me to drill the brackets out. It actually only took one or two turns with the drill and the bit went right through. Also had to disconnect the sway bar to drill out the brackets.
Sorry, forgot to reply earlier - but, yeah, that's what was done for mine as well.
Enjoy your new arms!

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee