SYE questions and recommendations

D M

CEL free! (again)
Supporting Member
Another option to TF is JB Conversions super short slip yoke eliminator. Both will get you a longer drive shaft and eventually a digital speedometer correction box.

Reactions: D M and JMT
X2^^, really GOOD

Reactions: D M
Another option to TF is JB Conversions super short slip yoke eliminator. Both will get you a longer drive shaft and eventually a digital speedometer correction box.
Link? And what are the benefits to the longer driveshaft

Another vote for jb conversions. Pick up the blue monkey speedo healer too.

Stay with 1310 size and CV yoke. Order your driveshaft thru Tom Wood or find a local shaft builder

Reactions: D M
CVs mean you need to adjust the pinion angle rear axle. Go with a flange and reg. 2 Ujoint shaft if you prefer to keep pinion where it is. But I'd go CV and get some new double adjust upper control arms.

CVs mean you need to adjust the pinion angle rear axle. Go with a flange and reg. 2 Ujoint shaft if you prefer to keep pinion where it is. But I'd go CV and get some new double adjust upper control arms.

If the intention is to lift and increase suspension travel, then a double cardan (CV) drive shaft is the only viable way to go.

Yes, you will still need a new driveshaft. After you get the SSYE installed, you can measure for the new driveshaft length. After you have your measurements, give Tom Woods or Adams a call.
So if I install it my jeep will be out of commission until i order the driveshaft?

No, you can still run around in 4hi with the front driveshaft installed. Have you installed a raised skid plate yet? If not, I would wait to order the new driveshaft until you have that installed along with the SSYE.

Reactions: OnlyJeeps
No, you can still run around in 4hi with the front driveshaft installed. Have you installed a raised skid plate yet? If not, I would wait to order the new driveshaft until you have that installed along with the SSYE.
Ah thanks for that info. No I haven't ordered anything yet, I was just wondering because how could I measure for the driveshaft if I don't put it in