The 90's

Just saw these guys in August. Great show, rocking it since 93.

I knew I recognized your avatar. I've seen Clutch twice so far, the only band I’ve seen more than once. (y) Their live shows are just as good if not better than the recorded stuff, and that's saying something because I hate live recordings. Look into The Bakerton Group, it's a side project of just the band. Neil has done outside projects too, but I can't think of the name right off. I'll post back when I remember.

Reactions: Claytone
I knew I recognized your avatar. I've seen Clutch twice so far, the only band I’ve seen more than once. (y) Their live shows are just as good if not better than the recorded stuff, and that's saying something because I hate live recordings. Look into The Bakerton Group, it's a side project of just the band. Neil has done outside projects too, but I can't think of the name right off. I'll post back when I remember.

Ya they were awesome. I loved them then and still do now.
I've heard of the Bakerton Group but haven't listened yet. I need to check em out.
The Company Band is the big outside project I can think of, good stuff.

Reactions: BlueC
On Sirius XM, Conan Obrien interviewed Dave Grohl, some other Nirvana band members and others associated with the group. Great interview, I recommend listening to it if you were ever into Nirvana or any of the spin off bands like Foo Fighters. Lots of Kurt Cobain stories and such. Sad that he took his own life. Think of all the albums we missed out on. Foo Fighters are good, but not Nirvana.

I saw Foo Fighters at the House Of Blues in the 90's. Saw them another time, can't remember where.

On Sirius, I listed to the Lithium 90's station more than any other. So many great bands came out of that decade. Though sad that many of them have died already due to drugs or even Suicide (Cobain, Chester from Linkin Park, Chris Cornell). Every time I talk about a great band to my kids, my 12yo says: "Let me guess, drug OD?"

On Sirius XM, Conan Obrien interviewed Dave Grohl, some other Nirvana band members and others associated with the group. Great interview, I recommend listening to it if you were ever into Nirvana or any of the spin off bands like Foo Fighters. Lots of Kurt Cobain stories and such. Sad that he took his own life. Think of all the albums we missed out on. Foo Fighters are good, but not Nirvana.

I saw Foo Fighters at the House Of Blues in the 90's. Saw them another time, can't remember where.

On Sirius, I listed to the Lithium 90's station more than any other. So many great bands came out of that decade. Though sad that many of them have died already due to drugs or even Suicide (Cobain, Chester from Linkin Park, Chris Cornell). Every time I talk about a great band to my kids, my 12yo says: "Let me guess, drug OD?"

Couldn't agree more. (y)

Reactions: suicideking

Dave Grohl’s wiki -

He said later: "Had I actually considered this to be a career, I probably would have called it something else, because it's the stupidest fucking band name in the world."

There are some clips of that on YouTube also. Dave Grohl, bassist Krist Novoselic and Steve Albini, the producer of the In Utero album. They are pretty good.

Novoselic now has a band called 3rd Secret. Guitarist from Soundgarden, drummer from Soundgarden/Pearl Jam and some other guy I don’t know and two women singing that I hadn’t heard of. They sound pretty good. Some of the music is very Soundgarden-ish.

There are some clips of that on YouTube also. Dave Grohl, bassist Krist Novoselic and Steve Albini, the producer of the In Utero album. They are pretty good.

Novoselic now has a band called 3rd Secret. Guitarist from Soundgarden, drummer from Soundgarden/Pearl Jam and some other guy I don’t know and two women singing that I hadn’t heard of. They sound pretty good. Some of the music is very Soundgarden-ish.

Ok cool. I'll check that out. Big fan of Soundgarden, Audioslave, Rage, Pearl Jam. Went to Vegas because Audioslave was playing at the Hard Rock in the early 2000's. Great show, band was short lived like many spin offs.

these tunes scream 90s in a good way

I saw Sublime during Covid. They played a drive in theater close by. It was a pretty good show considering how boring Covid times got. Still a great band. I'd like to see them again in at a real show.

I was never a big Everclear fan. Saw them a few times at festival shows.

I was sick of No Doubt in the 90's and didn't really get over that until maybe a few years ago. They seemed to be at every festival show I went to back then. Plus I was an EMT and driving a lot. They overplayed their songs on the radio (and many others). At one point we resorted to bring a portable tape player into the ambulance because we were so sick of everything on the radio.

I literally ran a thousand miles during the 90's training and racing. This group became a staple, which I still run to today.

Reactions: Squatch