The 90's

Of course songs like this also helped the miles pass quickly.

Remember, I was running 20 miles on Saturday, almost every week. Music was essential to keep the mind focused! :)

Last edited:
I found this today.

The ending specifically

goddamn-right-yes.gif

To add to this, people like Eminem took off because they were something completely different.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
No discussion of the '90s would be truly complete without mentioning the whole Y2K panic. End-of-Civilization preppers, planes falling out of the sky because of computers shutting down, the power grid failing world-wide, etc. I knew people who stocked-up on food and water, generators, gasoline (filled every vehicle they owned), etc. Some went so far as to buy property out in the middle of nowhere. And how many times did we hear Prince's "1999" (recorded in '82)?

1701314306025.png

1701314501742.png

1701314609090.png

No discussion of the '90s would be truly complete without mentioning the whole Y2K panic. End-of-Civilization preppers, planes falling out of the sky because of computers shutting down, the power grid failing world-wide, etc. I knew people who stocked-up on food and water, generators, gasoline (filled every vehicle they owned), etc. Some went so far as to buy property out in the middle of nowhere. And how many times did we hear Prince's "1999" (recorded in '82)?

View attachment 478267

View attachment 478268

View attachment 478269

I work in IT, so remember the panic well. I was working for a college at the time (Caltech) and there was a lot worrying. Though I don't recall ANYTHING failing to work on 1/1/2000. So for the most part, it was just paranoia. We were putting 'Y2K Compliant' stickers on things as we were updating them. As long as everything had a 4 digit year field, it was going to be fine.

There were a few older systems that didn't have the correct date at first, but nothing that completely failed.

Reactions: Squatch