The Bumblebee Returns

01SolarTJ

Supporting Member
Hello all! New to the Forum here but have been lurking for the past couple of months and have really come to appreciate all this community has to offer.

So, in 2000 we bought my wife a brand new 2001 Solar Yellow Jeep. She absolutely loved this thing and dang near drove the wheels off of it. Fast forward to 2013, she finally decided that she was ready for something new and decided to sell the "Bumblebee". She wanted it to go to a good home, so my best friend who lives in Dallas bought it. His step daughter and step son both had it for awhile, once they were out of the house, it became his second vehicle again. Fast forward to 2023 and my wife and I are on a walk one day and completely out of the blue she turns to me and says, "I think you ought to buy the Little Yellow Jeep back and put a lift kit and big tires, etc that you always wanted to do" "Do you think he'd sell it?". Wait...what?!?!? I couldn't get that text to my buddy sent fast enough!

So here she is in all her glory! More or less unmolested and never been off-road in its existence. My friend put some 31's on it. Replaced the radiator with an aluminum one and added a Banks Monster Cat-back exhaust. Aside from that, just kept up the routine maintenance and kept it super clean.

I'll keep y'all updated as the metamorphosis from bumble bee to mean-ass yellowjacket takes place :) --Lee
2001 Solar Yellow Jeep TJ.jpg

Hello all! New to the Forum here but have been lurking for the past couple of months and have really come to appreciate all this community has to offer.

So, in 2000 we bought my wife a brand new 2001 Solar Yellow Jeep. She absolutely loved this thing and dang near drove the wheels off of it. Fast forward to 2013, she finally decided that she was ready for something new and decided to sell the "Bumblebee". She wanted it to go to a good home, so my best friend who lives in Dallas bought it. His step daughter and step son both had it for awhile, once they were out of the house, it became his second vehicle again. Fast forward to 2023 and my wife and I are on a walk one day and completely out of the blue she turns to me and says, "I think you ought to buy the Little Yellow Jeep back and put a lift kit and big tires, etc that you always wanted to do" "Do you think he'd sell it?". Wait...what?!?!? I couldn't get that text to my buddy sent fast enough!

So here she is in all her glory! More or less unmolested and never been off-road in its existence. My friend put some 31's on it. Replaced the radiator with an aluminum one and added a Banks Monster Cat-back exhaust. Aside from that, just kept up the routine maintenance and kept it super clean.

I'll keep y'all updated as the metamorphosis from bumble bee to mean-ass yellowjacket takes place :) --Lee
View attachment 430233

Welcome to the forum. Great to see another solar yeller TJ. Looking forward to following along with your build.