The good news thread

We have both Eli and Owen during the day now that school's out for the summer. Their mom, our youngest, works from home and as that job pays in the neighborhood of a quarter mil per year, we'll get them out of her hair during the day. It's not all altruistic. Our oldest said she'd put us in a home when we got too old to take care of ourselves. Our youngest said she'd put us in a nice home. :D

Anyway, Owen made grandpa smile when it was time to take them home. He asked if I could take them home in the sidecar. I had to say no as I have the front wheel off, waiting on new wheel bearings. Then he asked, "Can you take us in the DeSoto?" Hell, yes.
So I loaded the boys and grandma into the old car and away we went.

(WARNING! Old guy speaking carburetor)I have to add that a couple weeks ago I bypassed the nonworking and unobtainium electric choke on the old broad and installed a manual choke. Probably, for the first time in over a decade that it not only starts quickly, it actually has a high idle that I can kick down when it warms up.

We have both Eli and Owen during the day now that school's out for the summer. Their mom, our youngest, works from home and as that job pays in the neighborhood of a quarter mil per year, we'll get them out of her hair during the day. It's not all altruistic. Our oldest said she'd put us in a home when we got too old to take care of ourselves. Our youngest said she'd put us in a nice home. :D

Anyway, Owen made grandpa smile when it was time to take them home. He asked if I could take them home in the sidecar. I had to say no as I have the front wheel off, waiting on new wheel bearings. Then he asked, "Can you take us in the DeSoto?" Hell, yes.

(WARNING! Old guy speaking carburetor)I have to add that a couple weeks ago I bypassed the nonworking and unobtainium electric choke on the old broad and installed a manual choke. Probably, for the first time in over a decade that it not only starts quickly, it actually has a high idle that I can kick down when it warms up.

Buddy thank you for your stories ! I remember the one about one of them hollering wrecking ball and hitting himself in the nuts, I about fucking passed out laughing so hard :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:. and the other one where one had shit all over the bathroom was the same :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Eli and Owen stories are the best! ;)

To those of you who work on drywall for a living...much respect!
1686938966757.jpeg

Owen got a hair cut. After running around the gym for a half hour, he started rocking a Bela Lugosi look. :oops:
8iGjQeVl.jpg

I tells ya, this kid has future sports star written all over him. He can throw a rocket football with a perfect spiral and dead nuts accuracy(it hurts, too), he's got a distance runners stride, and he's got a sweet bucketball lay up. Throw in the roller skating and hockey and I can see a Varsity Freshman in another six years.

just returned from my second get away to Jamaica this year but the big bonus this time was I brought my son & his fiance for their first ever visit to the island. My girlfriend & I go to a very small & pretty laid back adult only (quiet) resort so I was a tad bit concerned about whether the 20 somethings would enjoy it but they loved it, I sent them on multiple excursions to really give them a good look at things on & far off the resort with my friend/trusted driver, so they got to see the real island & not just the highly engineered parts. Needless to say the island now has two new fans.

Besides that the big highlight for me was getting my second cooking lesson from another buddy I've known for some years now, this time at my request he showed me his method for Ital Stew, Ital being the diet of the Rastafarian religion which is basically vegan - sounds crazy but the way they work with flavors is pretty amazing. I just chop veggies & stir the pot when they tell me while sucking down Red Stripes like I'm going to the chair :LOL:, it's a blast. Here's Wayne with my son & his girl:

IMG_7615.jpg

and a shot of my accomodations for the week, very posh & comfortable compared to the open air tree house I stayed in last time

IMG_7646.jpg

Next year we'll bring my daughter & son-in-law, already looking forward to it

My daughter gets married on Saturday

I start a new job on Monday that pays more with better benefits.

So I can pay for a wedding.

that's great, I bought one of those a couple years ago, get to buy my second one next spring - anything for the kids right!

though the wedding industry can get a little rough:

fypayme.jpg

So, my youngest son is deploying to Germany on my wife's 60th birthday (July 21st). He's been up here in Washington state for a couple of weeks, enjoying some hiking and such. Well, today they decided to do something together that was sure to be memorable for them both; tandem skydiving. Neither had ever done this before, and they loved it. Skydive Snohomish is an excellent organization. Very calming approach to it all, while still promising the excitement of a 60-second free-fall before the chutes deploy. The pilot took the group up to 14,000 feet. My wife was right by the door, and thusly, the first one out. While I have absolutely no interest in doing anything like that, I was really excited for them, and loved that they got to do this together. Good for them! :)

• Love
Reactions: red02tj
Insurance is paying to fix the bike after the hit & run accident on 6/20.
I’m healing up just fine, and I’ve already found many of the parts I’ll need at a significant cost savings.

Bike and I should be ready about the same time.
Oh, and my new job is still paying me while I’ve been home recovering.
The benefits of being salary.

Owen is endearing himself more and more. Not only is he a fan of grandpas' Green Bay Packers(GO PACK), he is nutso about sprint car racing. His Dad took him to the Wimot Speedway* in Wilmot, WI for a World of Outlaws event last Saturday. Got the little guy a pit pass and he got a passel of autographed posters and an autographed SCAG cap.

He about knocked me down this morning, showing his posters. He went whacko when I told him that his late Great Uncle raced Outlaw in the late 80s, early 90s. I asked my sister if she had any pictures of his car she could send him. This afternoon, he and I are running up to Brian's Pro Shop in Dekalb, IL, a model car builders paradise, to see if he has any sprint car kits available.

*A little story about the old Wilmot Speedway. Prior to 1973, when it relocated 1000' to the north, the old 1/4 mile race track encircled the high school football field. It also doubled as the high school running track until 1972. At the start of the football season, we'd go out on the field and gather all the busted car parts that ended up scattered all over the place. We'd do the same at the start of track season on the clay track. Actually, every Monday during May and early June after the Saturday night races.

Memories.

Reactions: Squatch
No Owen or Eli today. Today it’s Buster. He had a physical last month and something looked suspicious with his blood work and it pointed to his spleen. He went back in for an ultrasound and a mass was found on it.
His spleen was removed last Friday and he came home Friday night. Poor guy was so doped up. It was a rough night for all of us. He was given a Cone of Sorrow by the vet so he would not mess with his staples. It was an awful thing so Mrs. Cheesy made him a less stiff one. He wasn’t too fond of that one, either, but it didn’t affect his breathing.
60mhHcll.jpg

We decided to try a Recovery Shirt. That he liked. He even likes sleeping in it. Horizontal stripes don’t flatter, though.
pYOhJV4l.jpg

He’s banned from climbing stairs until he get the staples out, so I have been sleeping on the couches for the last week just keep an eye on him. His recovery is going really well. You’d never know he has had his middle opened up. He’s back to his happy go lucky self.

Now for the really good news. The mass on my buddy’s spleen was benign. No cancer. So he’s going to be around for a while longer.

Showing off his shaved belly.
zRBEP6Bl.jpg

No Owen or Eli today. Today it’s Buster. He had a physical last month and something looked suspicious with his blood work and it pointed to his spleen. He went back in for an ultrasound and a mass was found on it.
His spleen was removed last Friday and he came home Friday night. Poor guy was so doped up. It was a rough night for all of us. He was given a Cone of Sorrow by the vet so he would not mess with his staples. It was an awful thing so Mrs. Cheesy made him a less stiff one. He wasn’t too fond of that one, either, but it didn’t affect his breathing.
View attachment 441475

We decided to try a Recovery Shirt. That he liked. He even likes sleeping in it. Horizontal stripes don’t flatter, though.
View attachment 441476

He’s banned from climbing stairs until he get the staples out, so I have been sleeping on the couches for the last week just keep an eye on him. His recovery is going really well. You’d never know he has had his middle opened up. He’s back to his happy go lucky self.

Now for the really good news. The mass on my buddy’s spleen was benign. No cancer. So he’s going to be around for a while longer.

Showing off his shaved belly.
View attachment 441477

glad your buddy is going to be OK !

I mentioned my kid got married. Her husband got a job in the town they are moving to in August. She is interning at a vet here in town. So I have a zoo temperarily. Her dog, snake, 2 gekos, cat, and fish. Added to my dog and fish.

I got to feed a ball python a rat when she was on her honeymoon.