Why not swap in this (specs are for the Silverado):

1703103816495.png

Due to size, it could be easier than a v8. It’s an all aluminum block instead of cast iron, so it could even be lighter than the stock 4 banger…

Due to size, it could be easier than a v8. It’s an all aluminum block instead of cast iron, so it could even be lighter than the stock 4 banger…

Interesting. I wonder if others could chime in about what else would need to be considered. I don't know the first thing about what sensors would transfer, or electrical harnesses, or how to determine whether the exhaust down-pipe would line up, or whether the stock transmission could be kept, etc. etc.

Interesting. I wonder if others could chime in about what else would need to be considered. I don't know the first thing about what sensors would transfer, or electrical harnesses, or how to determine whether the exhaust down-pipe would line up, or whether the stock transmission could be kept, etc. etc.

You’d either need to run a custom computer, or the Chevy comp. Running custom, you could get away with running a different trans, Chevy you’d probably need to fun the Chevy trans. Lots of custom work underneath for the exhaust, mounts, cooling system, etc all need to be done… it would be about the same amount of work as a v8, or even just swapping the Jeep 4l in (although parts for the 4l are out there already)