The Travels of an 03 Rubicon

Which belly pan are you installing?

I've said it before, but I love that color!
Just the oem one for now. I just got my wife and I tickets to maui for our Anniversary early next year, we got a deal $711 for 2 round trip from DIA to maui. Tummy tuck will be in a few months unless they have a good black Friday sale.

The PO had a transfer case drop kit (will be for sale anyone interested) so I had to take the bolts out anyways so thought I'd try to make my life easier on the Savvy shifter cable install. I'll raise the transfer case back to normal and order a tom woods shaft on Monday.

Reactions: tomtaylz and Chris
Just the oem one for now. I just got my wife and I tickets to maui for our Anniversary early next year, we got a deal $711 for 2 round trip from DIA to maui. Tummy tuck will be in a few months unless they have a good black Friday sale.

The PO had a transfer case drop kit (will be for sale anyone interested) so I had to take the bolts out anyways so thought I'd try to make my life easier on the Savvy shifter cable install. I'll raise the transfer case back to normal and order a tom woods shaft on Monday.

Gotcha! I didn't know if maybe you were dropping the skid plate to put a belly-up skid in place of it! I guarantee someone will have a good Black Friday sale, so I'd wait until then too!

Gotcha! I didn't know if maybe you were dropping the skid plate to put a belly-up skid in place of it! I guarantee someone will have a good Black Friday sale, so I'd wait until then too!

Soon, I'm going with UCF full belly skid.

For anyone considering the savvy shifter, do it. It's so much better quality than the stock linkage which is almost literally a giant turd.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Soon, I'm going with UFC full belly skid.

For anyone considering the savvy shifter, do it. It's so much better quality than the stock linkage which is almost literally a giant turd.

Yep, I have the Savvy shifter as well and it's a very worth while upgrade. The stock linkage is a huge design flaw IMHO.

The stock "chutes and ladders" linkage is an amazing throwback...it's almost comical that it was still in production during the TJ era.

At best , it shifts vague..... on a stock Jeep with no lift . It's goes south quick when you lift one .

The cable is one of my favorite mods.. I'm really glad it's available .

Reactions: MaloStapalo
The stock "chutes and ladders" linkage is an amazing throwback...it's almost comical that it was still in production during the TJ era.

At best , it shifts vague..... on a stock Jeep with no lift . It's goes south quick when you lift one .

The cable is one of my favorite mods.. I'm really glad it's available .

It was kind of a pain in the ass to get off, those little plastic things that hold the linkage are really in there.

Yes it's amazing how something that works that bad is held together that good.

Finally done. That was a huge pain in the ass, I'm tired.

TC drop removed, drive shaft removed, adjusted front pinion angle, rock rails installed, surface rust treated on frame from transfer skid area, savvy shifter cable installed.

I had to cut a wrench to adjust it, it's pretty tight up there.
20181021_101250.jpg
20181021_114856.jpg

Wow, those are awesome photos! I'm so jealous you live somewhere beautiful like Vail. I remember skiing at the resorts there when I was younger. I'd kill to live in a place like that!

It has been a long time since I've last updated a lot has been going on. After 500 miles of replacing my axle shaft I drained the differential fluid and found a giant piece of a metal shim. The Jeep has been part since then and will be towed to Denver on Monday by flatbed to have a shop look at it. My wife and I found a killer deal on a Nissan, and was promptly rear ended. My 350z was also hit 3 times, guess it's a Nissan curse. Added some aux lights wired to my oem fog switch.
20181118_140050.jpg
20181118_140106.jpg
20181124_155303.jpg
20181126_173718.jpg
20181126_145512.jpg
20181129_132747.jpg
20181128_203252.jpg

It has been a long time since I've last updated a lot has been going on. After 500 miles of replacing my axle shaft I drained the differential fluid and found a giant piece of a metal shim. The Jeep has been part since then and will be towed to Denver on Monday by flatbed to have a shop look at it. My wife and I found a killer deal on a Nissan, and was promptly rear ended. My 350z was also hit 3 times, guess it's a Nissan curse. Added some aux lights wired to my oem fog switch. View attachment 65853View attachment 65854View attachment 65855View attachment 65856View attachment 65857View attachment 65858View attachment 65859
Jeep just looks better and better. Hope the fix is quick.

Jeep just looks better and better. Hope the fix is quick.
Thank you! It should be pretty straightforward hopefully. Hard part was finding time to tow it 100 miles to a shop that can work on Rubicon lockers. Sucks because that's at least a new savvy gas tank skid in cost I'm having to spend.