They should have made TJs until 2010!

I get it and agree. However car accidnets are the leading cause of death for folks under the age of 54 in America.

So maybe that’s where it stems from. Total guess, but Americans are probably the most distracted drivers.

And pedestrian/cyclist deaths from strikes are at an all time him these past few years.
I agree that safety is important. What I disagree with is how that safety is enforced. People should be held responsible for their shitty driving if they can't hack it no need to hold their hand with technology or make them go through an expensive training course. I guess it's just the rule not the exception now that the average American driver apparently is a complete helpless idiot.

Just the other day I go around a corner and see a car stopped at a green light. Not sure how long the light was on for, but the lane can go straight or left and there was a car coming the other way. There were two lanes each way. My assumption was that he was trying to go left but his signal wasn't working. So I pull up nice and easy beside him (road was empty) and lightly tap my horn to get his attention. Well the guy had his face buried into his fucking phone. I can't believe I seriously took the time to slow down and try to help someone. Makes me feel like an idiot for even trying. After I saw him on his phone I just sped off and went around him. Then the next day the same thing happens, there's two lanes, and only one car in the left most lane. I get behind it, thinking whats the chance this SUV will be slower than my jeep. 6 seconds at the green light later I had no choice but speed off into the other lane.

Reactions: Zorba
I agree that safety is important. What I disagree with is how that safety is enforced. People should be held responsible for their shitty driving if they can't hack it no need to hold their hand with technology or make them go through an expensive training course. I guess it's just the rule not the exception now that the average American driver apparently is a complete helpless idiot.

Just the other day I go around a corner and see a car stopped at a green light. Not sure how long the light was on for, but the lane can go straight or left and there was a car coming the other way. There were two lanes each way. My assumption was that he was trying to go left but his signal wasn't working. So I pull up nice and easy beside him (road was empty) and lightly tap my horn to get his attention. Well the guy had his face buried into his fucking phone. I can't believe I seriously took the time to slow down and try to help someone. Makes me feel like an idiot for even trying. After I saw him on his phone I just sped off and went around him. Then the next day the same thing happens, there's two lanes, and only one car in the left most lane. I get behind it, thinking whats the chance this SUV will be slower than my jeep. 6 seconds at the green light later I had no choice but speed off into the other lane.
You *REALLY* don't want to get me started on fucking smartphones...

You *REALLY* don't want to get me started on fucking smartphones...
I was actually getting ready to tag you but then I thought let's leave the lad alone.

Do you have to deal with grocery store "zombies" as much as I do? Going to the grocery store I'm literally sprinting to get this shit over with meanwhile you see the zombies strolling forward slowly, then they completely stop in an inconvenient spot and stay there for an indeterminable amount of time as something has caught their attention online. Irregardless of how many people get stuck behind them they will stay there on their phone until they are good and ready to move forward again.

• Love
Reactions: TheBoogieman
I was actually getting ready to tag you but then I thought let's leave the lad alone.

Do you have to deal with grocery store "zombies" as much as I do? Going to the grocery store I'm literally sprinting to get this shit over with meanwhile you see the zombies strolling forward slowly, then they completely stop in an inconvenient spot and stay there for an indeterminable amount of time as something has caught their attention online. Irregardless of how many people get stuck behind them they will stay there on their phone until they are good and ready to move forward again.
Fuck that. Somebody inconveniences me with their fucking smartphone, I'm gonna say something. "Watch where you're going, not your damn phone." Just like I do when somebody parks their shopping cart in the middle of the aisle - diagonally more often than not. "If you try just a little bit harder, you'll be able to completely block the entire aisle..." - That actually happens to me a lot more than smartphone problems in the supermarket.

I'll say one thing for smartphones - they make excellent pistol targets!

So true!
zombies.jpg

Fuck that. Somebody inconveniences me with their fucking smartphone, I'm gonna say something. "Watch where you're going, not your damn phone." Just like I do when somebody parks their shopping cart in the middle of the aisle - diagonally more often than not. "If you try just a little bit harder, you'll be able to completely block the entire aisle..." - That actually happens to me a lot more than smartphone problems in the supermarket.

This is the worst at Walmart or Costco. A family of 5 completely blocking the entire isle. EXCUSE ME! Then they give you dirty looks for being 'rude'.

BTW, why are you taking your entire family, including spouse and grandma, to Walmart?

• Love
Reactions: TheBoogieman
This is the worst at Walmart or Costco. A family of 5 completely blocking the entire isle. EXCUSE ME! Then they give you dirty looks for being 'rude'.

BTW, why are you taking your entire family, including spouse and grandma, to Walmart?
They're lucky if I say "excuse me". If they're "just there", that's one thing, if they're being stupid with parking carts in the middle of the aisle or screwing around with a damn smartphone, they're gonna see "rude"...

They're lucky if I say "excuse me". If they're "just there", that's one thing, if they're being stupid with parking carts in the middle of the aisle or screwing around with a damn smartphone, they're gonna see "rude"...

Yup, I'll 'accidentally' knock their shopping cart out of the way with mine.

My apology would be something like this:

Last edited:

They are only half of the problem, You and your American manners is the issue.
Reason why foreigners don't like Americans, is because majority of you are deceiving fakes, too scared to look bad from stating things the way they are.
Had you, and everyone else stated the issue, as in "Hey you all, there is 5 of you blocking entire isle for everyone else" instead of "excuse me", things would have been the other way like in every other country.

"Then they give you dirty looks for being 'rude'" < that shit right there is the issue, issue with YOU. Fact that you even knowledge in your head that there is a possibility of you being rude in that situation, and not their audacity, that opens a door for people like them to have that view on you.

• Love
Reactions: Zorba
They are only half of the problem, You and your American manners is the issue.
Reason why foreigners don't like Americans, is because majority of you are deceiving fakes, too scared to look bad from stating things the way they are.
Had you, and everyone else stated the issue, as in "Hey you all, there is 5 of you blocking entire isle for everyone else" instead of "excuse me", things would have been the other way like in every other country.

"Then they give you dirty looks for being 'rude'" < that shit right there is the issue, issue with YOU. Fact that you even knowledge in your head that there is a possibility of you being rude in that situation, and not their audacity, that opens a door for people like them to have that view on you.
At that point, I'm going out of my way to be rude. My intention is to be rude. I want them to know that if it weren't for the justice system, I might have to smack them or run over their foot (and/or children) with my cart.

Since we're in America, I'm not going to try to teach manners to 99.9% of Walmart's customer base. I don't have that kind of time or any interest. I'm just trying to get my econo size pack of toilet paper and case of beer to the front register without getting arrested.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: eastbloc and Zorba
At that point, I'm going out of my way to be rude. My intention is to be rude. I want them to know that if it weren't for the justice system, I might have to smack them or run over their foot (and/or children) with my cart.

Since we're in America, I'm not going to try to teach manners to 99.9% of Walmart's customer base. I don't have that kind of time or any interest. I'm just trying to get my econo size pack of toilet paper and case of beer to the front register without getting arrested.

I don't know where yall are at but yallre having me appreciating how nice folks are where Im at. The most common grocery store "conflict" I have is people saying "sorry" whenever I briefly pause for them to move or grab an item. I mean, whatre you supposed to say when people apologize unnecessarily?

I really have nothing constructive to contribute to this thread but I did just sell my 2016 Civic DD with 90K miles for $15K to a stealership. I am going back to driving my LJ full time. There's just not a chance I'd ever get rid of this thing even with gas prices the way they are. Obviously I agree they should have made these longer.