They should have made TJs until 2010!

Or you can just use a diesel engine.
Wife’s diesel jl

24D67E64-4B9C-44EF-9957-324236EEDF5F.jpeg

Sales were steadily increasing from a low point in 2002, but they spiked from about 80k sales in 2006 to almost 120k sales in 2007. Those numbers are based on calendar year though, so maybe sales were driven by discounted TJs in addition to the JKU?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Wrangler#Sales
Lots of reasons already mentioned for the TJ to be on it's way out, but no doubt the increasing popularity of larger SUVs paved the way for the JKU to dominate the market. I see so few 2 door JKs and JLs on the road that they look out of place.
If the new 2 door versions mimicked the LJ, long 2 door I think you’d see more of those than the current 2 doors. I love the 2 door look and functions but the current tj and current 2 doors are just small. I have an LJ for the extra space alone

Jeep ought to make a smaller Jeep...with the way the side by side market is exploding...if they offered a 20k to 30k street legal Jeep SxSish the market would eat it up.

Bonus points for offering propulsion methods for all... electric... hybrid...gas and diesel...flux capacitor...

-Mac
Safety standards I would imagine are the biggest obstacle for this.

I'm surprised they let motorcycles on the roads if they are worried a about safety. No seat belts, air bags, etc.
I agree completely….. I don’t understand how they made those can am and Polaris trike things a few years ago which to me are just a 3 wheel street sxs… obviously there’s much more difference than what I said but from a safety and roll cage standpoint, they’re almost the same…