Things that annoy you?

Okay, get this. I ordered this today for my garage from Home Depot online:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...-Back-Wall-Red-and-Black-48-22-8560/206696096

Before I bought it, I opened the online chat and I told the woman that I was going to buy this, but I wanted to see if they would honor a coupon I had from Lowes for 10% off. She told me that Home Depot always honors those coupons, so she told me to complete the purchase, then give her the order number and she would deduct $70 from the order so that I was only charged $630 to my card.

So I complete the order and for shipping I just selected to pick it up at my local Home Depot store since they had 5 in stock. I give the woman I have on chat the order number and she gets back to me a few minutes later saying, "I am so sorry, but we can't apply the discount to an order that was completed for pick up in store, the discount only can apply to orders fulfilled entirely online and shipped to your door.".

She then tells me that they can however give me a free $70 Home Depot gift card instead to make up for it. I wasn't mad. I told her that would be just fine, since I buy plenty of stuff from Home Depot anyways. She apologized again and that was that.

So again, I'm not mad or upset, but I find it funny that Home Depot appears to be competing with itself in terms of brick and mortar vs. online shopping. I have to imagine this has something to do with corporate, but I find it odd that they can give me the discount if I had bought the toolbox online and had it shipped to me, but they can't apply it to my order if I buy it online and pick it up in the store.

I'm not sure this really annoys me at this point, it's just bizarre.
For stuff that size and the price, I just let them deliver it as I did when I got the same one. No complaints so far.

Reactions: Chris
The drawers are smooth as can be and can't be slammed (they slow down when they get to about an inch or two left), the casters are amazing, the drawers come pre-lined with nice material for your tools so they don't move around...
I've had to use some spray glue on the liner in the drawers with the heavier tools. It doesn't let the tools slide on top of it, but it slides on the drawer and winds up wadded up against the back end of the drawer.

Just thought of another one, where you go to a gas station and have to queue for gas and the car that's in front of you seems to be taking ages because they are doing there shopping,getting coffee etc, basically everything but pay for their petrol while we all sit in our cars and wait in line.
You see them stroll back to their car holding 2 bags of shopping and a cup of coffee totally oblivious to the fact they're holding everybody up....inconsiderate !!
One morning on the way to the desert with the Jeep on the trailer, I had to stop for fuel. I use a particular gas station because it has an island arrangement at the end row which has a diesel pump at one end and then perfectly spaced back on the other island, a gas pump so I can fill both at the same time, diesel in the tow rig, gas in the Jeep. I pull up and there is a scaffolding truck there with 2 folks in it. As I pull up, the driver sees me and after several minutes, the pump clicks off, I see the handle move. He walks inside to pay, takes awhile, comes back with a drink and a sack. Puts the fuel nozzle back, sets his stuff in the truck and then his passenger hops out and heads into the mart. He dicks around and after several minutes heads back to the truck with his drink and sack. As soon as he gets almost to the truck, the driver hops out and heads back in. Buys something and heads back out after which they finally leave. I realize it may seem like I'm a bit oversensitive to the passive aggressive nature of a lot of Hispanics in this part of the world, but I never encounter that shit from anyone but them.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I needed something with a nice flat surface to mount my vices on. I can't tell you how many times I've thought to myself, "I really wish I had a vice". Well, I don't have to wish anymore. I bought a vice to go with it, and I'll mount it to the wood top on that bench. I feel that should work out pretty nicely, eh?
Depends on what you use the vise for. I wouldn't ever mount one to mine but I use my vise for high energy stuff like holding one end of something I am trying to break loose with a pipe wrench and a 3 foot cheater.

Reactions: Chris and KMG
One morning on the way to the desert with the Jeep on the trailer, I had to stop for fuel. I use a particular gas station because it has an island arrangement at the end row which has a diesel pump at one end and then perfectly spaced back on the other island, a gas pump so I can fill both at the same time, diesel in the tow rig, gas in the Jeep. I pull up and there is a scaffolding truck there with 2 folks in it. As I pull up, the driver sees me and after several minutes, the pump clicks off, I see the handle move. He walks inside to pay, takes awhile, comes back with a drink and a sack. Puts the fuel nozzle back, sets his stuff in the truck and then his passenger hops out and heads into the mart. He dicks around and after several minutes heads back to the truck with his drink and sack. As soon as he gets almost to the truck, the driver hops out and heads back in. Buys something and heads back out after which they finally leave. I realize it may seem like I'm a bit oversensitive to the passive aggressive nature of a lot of Hispanics in this part of the world, but I never encounter that shit from anyone but them.
It happens allot here too mate sorry to say.
I'd be out of the car and politely asking them to kindly move there truck.:cursing:...but counting to 10 as I walk over to the driver hehe.

Reactions: Chris
What i find annoying ?
(1) Child-proof containers that require squeezing.
(2) Oil container seals that when pushed on , fall into container.
(3) All those red connection keepers on my Jeep.
(4) Any type of exhaust work, ANY.
(5) Following a salt truck.
Just a few.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
More things that annoy me related to working on the house that was built and worked on by what has to arguably be the biggest bunch of morons ever to swing a hammer.
Engineered siding on 24" centers with no plywood sheathing. Big no no.
Engineered siding over a layer of what looks like old wood shingle siding, another no no.
Engineered siding over ply over a layer of engineered siding over ply so it was built up about 2" instead of removing it all and doing it right.
Upper row of siding was never done against the soffit because it is an 8" wide piece and the siding only comes 16" wide. So, they just painted the black paper and left it unfinished.
All studs are 24" on center. Makes it a real bitch to hang anything on any wall.
Went to install a medicine cabinet in place of a mirror I thought was just hung on the wall. Nope, they glued the whole back of it to the drywall, caulked the edges, and then textured the wall. Had to come off in 1" size bits.
Tile on kitchen counters are 6x6 lumpy, laid on a diagonal with 5/8" sanded "white" grout joints, edge is run square with a grout joint in one area that runs from 1/2" at one end to 3/4" 4' away. That joint should have been perfect and the variance taken up at the back edge against the wall.
Deck walkway around the whole upper floor was run over 2x6 laid on a diagonal, ply over that, and then a very crappy polyurethane deck coating that was not done properly and is failing.
Faucet quit shutting off all the way. Shut it off with the angle stop, it didn't stop the water flow fully. Went to replace faucet, morons let the mud for the tile extend too far under the sink to get the nuts off the faucets. Cut the caulking to try and lift the sink, all the tile came up with it. Had to replace sink, counter top, faucet set, and angle stops.
Window trim is spliced for 4" runs.
Half the nails for the siding are missing the studs and backing out and there is a lot of siding.
Most of the upper floor is laid with 12" Mexican pavers. Not good ones, not laid well.
Back deck needs waterproofing to prevent water from entering the storage area under it. The sill for the sliding glass door is set right on the decking. That means anything done has to go over the sill which is wrong or the slider needs to come out, get replaced on a taller sill plate so the waterproofing can end against something other than the sill.

People that don’t signal, especially when they weave in and out of traffic.
I never signal. Being from South Florida if you signal the person on that lane will hurry up and block you from getting in front of them. They are happy where they are until they see you signal. I find easier to change lanes without signaling down here LOL

Reactions: JMT and Chris
I never signal. Being from South Florida if you signal the person on that lane will hurry up and block you from getting in front of them. They are happy where they are until they see you signal. I find easier to change lanes without signaling down here LOL

I notice this in other states. If you don’t signal in Utah, you may find yourself in a high speed chase with an angry mom of 6 in a large suv that can’t wait to catch up to you to honk and give you the bird which is quite scary cause everybody in Utah is carrying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, good point. I've stopped signaling a lot as well, because I find that anytime I do, the person in the other land almost always speeds up to try and not let me in. So I agree with what you're saying 100%.

Reactions: JeepNWilly
1.Speed traps

2. Round a-bouts

3. 4 way stops (humans can’t do this)

4. Car pool only freeway entrances

5. Calling Direct Tv

I agree with #2 round a bouts...what is the purpose of these? except to support the local body shop with front right fender repairs as you are trying to get off of it. I think a light would work much better.

Also #3 nobody seems to understand first to stop has right of way, they think if they are continuing straight they only have to roll through the stop sign. They put one at the top of my block, so now instead of 1 - 30 mph accident every 2 years there are 20 - 5 mph accidents in a single year!! I for one with my TJ, now take my turn and see how long it takes them to slam on the brakes....especially if it is a BMW, Benz or Lexus!

Reactions: Jay P
Also #3 nobody seems to understand first to stop has right of way, they think if they are continuing straight they only have to roll through the stop sign. They put one at the top of my block, so now instead of 1 - 30 mph accident every 2 years there are 20 - 5 mph accidents in a single year!! I for one with my TJ, now take my turn and see how long it takes them to slam on the brakes....especially if it is a BMW, Benz or Lexus!
The issue with 4 way stops is no one applies common sense. If I pull up to go straight and the one directly across from me has already been sitting because the other two sides went, why should I wait when he is going to be blocking the intersection for cross traffic as soon as he goes? That doubles, triples, and quadruples the amount of time it takes to get through the intersection if everyone waits until it is there turn one by one.
2 opposing go, 2 on the sides opposing go, 2 opposing do the turn, next 2 do the turn, rinse and repeat. Moves far more folks through the intersection.

The issue with 4 way stops is no one applies common sense. If I pull up to go straight and the one directly across from me has already been sitting because the other two sides went, why should I wait when he is going to be blocking the intersection for cross traffic as soon as he goes? That doubles, triples, and quadruples the amount of time it takes to get through the intersection if everyone waits until it is there turn one by one.
2 opposing go, 2 on the sides opposing go, 2 opposing do the turn, next 2 do the turn, rinse and repeat. Moves far more folks through the intersection.

This is great logic for sure which is also the reason that most people can’t figure it out. Too many variables and different types and generations of people. We have a round about that we have to use every day at least twice, I’d say that almost half of the time I pull up to it and stop to enter the inside lane, the vehicle that is already circling on the inside will also stop. You should be able to do circles all day and never stop when you’re on the inside. “Common sense is not that common”

I am sure everyone out there has memorized this as copied from a DMV below, it applies to 4 way stop ( I admit I thought it was always first in first out)

"1. First come, first served. This applies to the road too. If there is no traffic light but rather a 4-way stop, the first car to arrive at the intersection receives the right of way. It doesn’t matter where the vehicle is located or what direction it is traveling, this rule will always apply when someone has clearly arrived at the stop sign first. However, still be wary of aggressive or distracted drivers that may dismiss this rule.

2. Yield to right. When two vehicles arrive at a 4-way stop at the same time, and are located side-by-side, the vehicle furthest to the right has the right of way. If three vehicles arrive at the same time, the car furthest left should continue to yield until both of the other cars to the right of them have passed.

3. Straight over turning. When arriving to an intersection head-to-head with another vehicle, it is important to use signals. When two vehicles arrive at a 4-way stop at the same time, and they are located head-to-head and one of the vehicles intends to turn and the other intends to go straight, the vehicle going straight has right of way. Keep in mind that if both vehicles are going straight or turning in the same direction, they can both proceed at the same time as they will not cross each other’s path.

4. Right over left.
When two vehicles arrive at a 4-way stop at the same time, and they are located head-to-head and one of the vehicles intends to turn right and the other intends to turn left, the vehicle turning right has right of way. Move forward slowly before entering the intersection to indicate to other drivers you are making the turn. The driver turning left should wait until the other car has fully passed.

You may be wondering what happens if all four cars arrive at the intersection at the same time? There is no good rule of thumb as to who should go first. However, it is recommended that you wait for the most aggressive driver to make the first move and then proceed with caution using the rules above from there. Overall, it’s important to be patient and alert when approaching a 4-way stop."

I agree with #2 round a bouts...what is the purpose of these? except to support the local body shop with front right fender repairs as you are trying to get off of it. I think a light would work much better.
I'm a retired Town Planner and Land Developer. Don't shoot me but ... I've been involved in the planning, design and implementation of several roundabouts. Provincial, and no doubt US State, policies require or at least encourage them. The thinking is that they're more energy efficient and they keep traffic moving. They effectively eliminate vehicle stops and starts which contribute to pollution, in what I would say is only a small way. In many cases they are just "feel good" projects that allow politicians to beat their chests.

I'm a retired Town Planner and Land Developer. Don't shoot me but ... I've been involved in the planning, design and implementation of several roundabouts. Provincial, and no doubt US State, policies require or at least encourage them. The thinking is that they're more energy efficient and they keep traffic moving. They effectively eliminate vehicle stops and starts which contribute to pollution, in what I would say is only a small way. In many cases they are just "feel good" projects that allow politicians to beat their chests.

Haha well no disrespect sir but this particular round about that annoys me most only has 3 entrance/exits which allows the outside lane on the closed side to flow through easily for now but my problem is that I need to make a left turn about 100 yards after it. I think a left turn lane and a single stop sign would work just fine.

Internet service providers that perform obscure security upgrades over Holiday weekends and break all your shit. Seriously!? How about a little warning ahead of time, and IT help lines that have actual, English as a first language speaking, technicians. Someone who can think, and doesn't need a script to answer a basic question.

Reactions: Chris and MikeM