I've never heard of any vehicle other than a Schwinn that could do a U-turn and say in its lane.šŸ¤”

Why would you be riding a bike in the middle of the highway? šŸ„“
I obviously mis-spoke, I meant without going onto the shoulder.

This is 315/75R16 (metric 35x12.4) on 4ā€ SL and 1.25ā€ BL. I wouldnā€™t attempt 315s with anything smaller than 4.25ā€ of total lift, ideally 5+. There are a lot of modifications required to properly run these. If youā€™re willing to put the time and cash into it, it can be worth it. But if youā€™re not willing to put high four figures into it, stick with something less aggressive.

View attachment 137116

did you use a spacer to run the 315's with the moab wheels? or the rub was not that bad?

did you use a spacer to run the 315's with the moab wheels? or the rub was not that bad?

I run Spidertrax 1.25" hub-adapter style spacers. This gives an overall effective backspacing of 3.75" on 16x8 wheels, which is equivalent to the most popular 15x8 wheels used for 35x12.5. It works very well for my application, and I have had zero issues with this setup.

Running without spacers might be possible, but you would need to check very carefully for rub on the rear spring perches on the frame, and possibly add washers to your steering stops.

If you go with spacers, I highly recommend not cheaping out. I went with Spidertrax due to their use of appropriate materials, as well as the fact they are hub-centric. I would NOT use cheap spacers like the 5-8 letter all capital name brands you find on Amazon. When they fail, you lose the entire wheel, causing you to lose control and also send a speeding tire loose down the freeway.

Also importantly, spacers should not be used with wheels that are already low backspacing, since both of those add stress to the ball joints and steering knuckle. Generally, backspacing minus spacer thickness should not be less than 3.75" total for any 8" wide rim.

Reactions: Don Bulee
I run Spidertrax 1.25" hub-adapter style spacers. This gives an overall effective backspacing of 3.75" on 16x8 wheels, which is equivalent to the most popular 15x8 wheels used for 35x12.5. It works very well for my application, and I have had zero issues with this setup.

Running without spacers might be possible, but you would need to check very carefully for rub on the rear spring perches on the frame, and possibly add washers to your steering stops.

If you go with spacers, I highly recommend not cheaping out. I went with Spidertrax due to their use of appropriate materials, as well as the fact they are hub-centric. I would NOT use cheap spacers like the 5-8 letter all capital name brands you find on Amazon. When they fail, you lose the entire wheel, causing you to lose control and also send a speeding tire loose down the freeway.

Also importantly, spacers should not be used with wheels that are already low backspacing, since both of those add stress to the ball joints and steering knuckle. Generally, backspacing minus spacer thickness should not be less than 3.75" total for any 8" wide rim.

I've always feared using spacers... I'm to lazy to remove the tires each 6 months just to check the torque of the spacer.. but I don't want a tire to fly away and kill someone or myself.. I would be looking for some 35x11.5 kind of tire for my moabs.... I'm currently with 285/75's and while the rub just a bit under complete turn... I can live with that bit of rubing... with another inch (like 315/75's)I'm not sure I would be able to....