Tire Deflators

Wow! That's a helluva thing, right there!

Currie also has a digital gauge that I'm eyeballing. Accurate to 0.5psi and only $35

Reactions: jjvw
I’m a cheap ass. I use this. It’s fast.

It is. Recently I made my own Frankenstein single tool inflater/deflater. I couldn't find a 40 or 50psi max gauge, so I kept the Currie 60psi.
View attachment 78574
View attachment 78573

Here's my home made inflator/deflator, linked here https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-simple-onboard-air-for-your-tj-lj-viair-400h.10235/:

For deflating one tire (air is released through bleed valve above gauge):
set-up-to-deflate-one-tire-jpg.jpg

Set up for deflating two tires at once:
set-up-for-deflating-two-tires-at-once-jpg.jpg

Set up for inflation:
complete-inflation-system-jpg.jpg

Close up of the manifold and gauge:
close-up-of-manifold-with-gauge-jpg.jpg

Reactions: Shatto and jjvw
Here's my home made inflator/deflator, linked here https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-simple-onboard-air-for-your-tj-lj-viair-400h.10235/:

For deflating one tire (air is released through bleed valve above gauge):
View attachment 81072

Set up for deflating two tires at once:
View attachment 81073

Set up for inflation:
View attachment 81074

Close up of the manifold and gauge:
View attachment 81075
I built a two tire deflator system from harbor freight parts. Air chucks go on both tires per axle then open the ball valve to air down. 1 minute 45 seconds later I am from 28 psi to 15. Then move to the other axle. Same system is used to air up with Viair 88. Takes about 4 minutes to air up PER AXLE.

I built a two tire deflator system from harbor freight parts. Air chucks go on both tires per axle then open the ball valve to air down. 1 minute 45 seconds later I am from 28 psi to 15. Then move to the other axle. Same system is used to air up with Viair 88. Takes about 4 minutes to air up PER AXLE.
How about some pics of what you built?

Reactions: DrDmoney
How about some pics of what you built?

Here is the system I set up for deflating as well as airing up. I wish I would have used 1/4" hose rather than 3/8", would have been less bulky.

A close up of the T and ball valve set up. I removed the valve stem core from this end and drilled out the hole for faster deflating. I just attach to two tires then open valve. I do carry an air pressure gauge but dont really use it for deflating because I have timed it in the garage so I know how long to deflate. My Viair compressor attaches to this end for airing up.

Here it is in use.

What tool do you guys use for airing down to hit the trail? I found this one on our favorite shopping spot. Tell me what you got!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0L7JS2/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Rapid tire deflator (ARB) works great for me up in the peace country at 20 degrees Celsius above or 20 below
-Have Been using this tool for 2 years now
-It appears that different distributers put their brand name on the same product

60 to 70 bucks sounds about right

Here is the system I set up for deflating as well as airing up. I wish I would have used 1/4" hose rather than 3/8", would have been less bulky.

View attachment 82186

A close up of the T and ball valve set up. I removed the valve stem core from this end and drilled out the hole for faster deflating. I just attach to two tires then open valve. I do carry an air pressure gauge but dont really use it for deflating because I have timed it in the garage so I know how long to deflate. My Viair compressor attaches to this end for airing up.
View attachment 82187

View attachment 82189

Here it is in use.

View attachment 82188

Accu-gage E-Z Deflator and another knock-off that I got with my wheels from America's Tire

Last edited:
I wonder how much of a knock off that really is. After the gauge, it looks identical to the Currie, which looks identical to the ARB.

I was referring to the Level8 wheels unit being a knock-off of the Accu-gage. I don't know who was first ARB, Currie or Accu-gage. I updated my post with the actual pic instead of a stock photo.

View attachment 82186

View attachment 82187

View attachment 82189

Here it is in use.

View attachment 82188
I’m curious, why not do driver side/ passenger side instead of front/ rear? Does it matter?

What tool do you guys use for airing down to hit the trail? I found this one on our favorite shopping spot. Tell me what you got!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M0L7JS2/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I don’t know about the brand but I’ve used all kinds just like that over the years. I used to drag race pro street bikes. Didn’t seem to matter what brand I used. They were all pretty good.

Reactions: JMT