TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The state government of #BCS, through the Under-Secretary of Civil Protection, informs the population that, recreational and off-the-road adventure events are not allowed at this stage of the COVID-19 traffic light, for that reason , promoters and organizers, nationals and foreigners are urged to refrain from conducting these events in any form, this as a preventative measure to protect the population from possible infections of #COVID19. It is made to your knowledge that, if the agreements emanating from the #BCS Health Safety Committee are violated, appropriate sanctions will be applied, we invite you to expect the COVID-19 traffic light risk level to be found in green to perform these kinds of events."

Come on, there are hundreds of thousands of "bilingual" (these days, that means English and Spanish) people in North and Central America...FIND ONE!
That aside, I noticed that, of the 15 pictures in the "poster", I can only see 7 distinctly discernable vehicles. Getting a picture of the same vehicle from two different angles does not count as "vehicles". Looks like they follow the same rules as our mainstream media...it don't gotta be real, it's just gotta sound good.

Last edited:
Is there any kind of a trail schedule for this thing?

I'm thinking we're going to keep this pretty loose but, as it's only about three months out now, we probably aught to start thinking about a little bit of structure.
Perhaps those who are most familiar with Jeepin' Moab could create a list of possible ride destination. I've only been there once and that was on an ATV trip so I'm not a prime candidate, but I'd be happy to help. Then, those who want to participate can sign up for a particular destination.
Once we get a bit closer and have a better idea of the peeps who will actually make it out to Moab, we could schedule rides at the various destinations based on the signups and the prevailing thoughts of the "Moab Gurus".

I, for instance would love to tackle Pritchett Canyon while there and I I'll have the (I think) requisite equipment at that point (35's and lockers) and the "Gold run" would be tops on my list as well but I would want to make sure that I was not going to be a drag on the group just because I wanna be there.
Anyone in the group could do Fins and Things and, with some coaching, Hell's Revenge (you can bypasses all of the gnarly stuff), but Pritchett is, as I see it, a "you're in for it" sort of run and you have to rely more heavily on the seasoned warriors when it gets sketchy.

Of course, this is still a free-ish country for now and anyone can do whatever trails they want, but Imma thinking a bit of structure might make a real difference here.

Insert your thoughts here 👇

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob and Apparition
How many people are expected to show up?
This one never gets old....
FB_IMG_1560229876152.jpg

Only because it happens to me on occasion. Maybe it's me?

This one never gets old....
View attachment 223523
Only because it happens to me on occasion. Maybe it's me?
It happens all the time, and I expect it to happen with this trip too.

Agree with having some sort of structure/schedule. I wouldnt want to sit around until 10 am before a decision is finally made on what trail to do. Or having to wait for someone while they finish their breakfast. Not to mention that this group would not be the only one in Moab. Being on a trail with 50 other rigs is not fun.

It happens all the time, and I expect it to happen with this trip too.

Agree with having some sort of structure/schedule. I wouldnt want to sit around until 10 am before a decision is finally made on what trail to do. Or having to wait for someone while they finish their breakfast. Not to mention that this group would not be the only one in Moab. Being on a trail with 50 other rigs is not fun.
Agree, I mentioned it a while back that we need an online spreadsheet at some point.

What we could do is have people list the trails they want to do here say until the end of the month and use that info tocreate a trail poll (in this thread or another) that would start showing how many wanted to do which trails.

Eventually it could turn into an online signup sheet for those popular trails of which trail on which day. It just can’t be official, these are essentially trail meetups and group rides.

I’m looking to specifically do the following on this trip then I’ll probably join in on whatever sounds fun:
Moab Rim
Pritchett

I plan to run 7 Mile Rim again this trip, because my wife really enjoyed the scenery on that trail, so I could be convinced to lead. We could follow that trail up with an afternoon tooling around the Arches park. I've done Fins, Hells, and TOTW, so I hope to do different trails this trip.

Posion Spider/golden spike/gold bar rim (All day trail)
Guess my idea doesn’t work very well since it won’t add to the quote

Moab Rim
7 Mile Rim
Pritchett Canyon
Fins and Things
Hells Revenge
Top of the world
Posion Spider/gold spike/GBR (All day trail)

Reactions: Alex01
Guess my idea doesn’t work very well since it won’t add to the quote

Moab Rim
7 Mile Rim
Pritchett Canyon
Fins and Things
Hells Revenge
Top of the world
Posion Spider/gold spike/GBR (All day trail)
I still think a different thread with a google sheets link would work best. But, this will at least give people an idea of what people are thinking.

Here's the link to the sheet I made a while back Moab Trail Schedule - feel free to edit or change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daryl and Tob
Status
Not open for further replies.