TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't resist.

Apparently some "LJ" owners really, really just need to feel special I guess 🤷‍♂️

Or maybe I'm just envious and need to make a "TJ" specific channel :LOL:

Oh wait...an LJ is a TJ. Damn...back to the drawing board.
I'm sticking with the LJ's aren't TJ's and aren't allowed at TJ Fest rule.

Just installed my large light bar for night runs. Be prepared to be blinded by the light, as they say. :cool:

8HXJlW5TnUv2klsgaN1QnrfPrC=w834-h625-no?authuser=0.jpg

Reactions: D M
Even though parts that I ordered earlier this year in prep to do some mods to my jeep have now all arrived, I decided to draw a line in the sand and not do anymore mods to my jeep until after Moab. I just don't want for something to come up at work which would halt me mid stream modification and not be ready or throwing things together last minute. My focus now will be getting the tow pig and the trailer ready as well as possibly one easy shake down run or driving the jeep to work and around town as much as possible between now and then. (problem with shake down run is I know it won't be easy, my personality tends to lead us to the hard trails pretty quickly).

Jeep- My fluids are all changed, front and rear diff and axles inspected and look good, brakes are inspected and good, drag link, tie rod, track bars, control arms, etc.... have all been inspected, straightened, adjusted, and lubed. Seats and harnesses are installed and I have figured out how to secure cooler, tools, etc... in the back (I still need to tweak this a bit).

Tow pig - changed plugs, belts (including tensioners and idlers), brakes (fronts needed it, I could have got a way with leaving rear but I changed them anyway). Fluids are all freshly changed.

Trailer- I am actually still waiting on my new trailer to be built, but once I get it I need to mount two spare tire holders, jeep spare tire holder, 2" receiver to slide in bike rack, and I need to figure out how to tie down jeep on new trailer.

What is everyone else doing to prepare?

Having never been to Moab before, I am assuming that the local auto parts stores carry a decent selection of Jeep parts? I typically bring spare axles, drive shafts, ball joints, and tools with me. But I really don't want to bring much more than I actually have to because it will just add weight to the truck/trailer.

Reactions: Apparition
Nice Tow Rig!! I have some Tow Rig envy. I am still pulling with a F150, it pulls fine but I am considering getting a Weight Distribution Hitch for this long trip.

Nice Tow Rig!! I have some Tow Rig envy. I am still pulling with a F150, it pulls fine but I am considering getting a Weight Distribution Hitch for this long trip.
Thanks, it’s by far the best truck I’ve ever owned and it’s not even close.

Used my F150 last year which is part of the reason I slightly upgraded. I have the equalizer WDH. I am still going to use my weight distribution hitch on this truck even though I doubt I need it. Had to get another 6 inches of drop for it. Guess that’s what happens with factory 35’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.