TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: rasband
I bought another for the same reason, one in the jeep, one hand held (if it’s not needed to be lent) and one to lend out.
I've got two rugged hand helds for loaners or even spotters that will be able to talk to the GMRS in the jeep

Reactions: rasband
would anyone be crazy enough to trek across country for this event without a jeep?

kinda doubting i'll have the rig ready and even if i do it's not gonna have many miles on new rear gears. i'm considering loading the generator, my welders and a bunch of steel tidbits. as well as the small compressor and some tools.
and just be a part of it from a field support end of things maybe.

i'd like to be part of it, and meet everyone, but a 20hr ride to watch everyone 1 else head up the trail ..........well that just sucks TBH.

IDK, just kickin around the idea.
I have a stock Rubi I could bring 1,000 miles for you to drive. 😉 I’m half serious and half kidding.

I've got two rugged hand helds for loaners or even spotters that will be able to talk to the GMRS in the jeep
as much as i'd like that i'd just tiptoe around afraid of bustin your stuff.
i really wanna see what mine will or won't do, especially with all 4 struts and maybe even try to push the limits on the last day.

i've come to terms that i'm not gonna make it and gonna try and get things ironed out and maybe go harass the Colorado guys late May or early June.
if i rush it i'm gonna go nuts knowing what i didn't really finish out the right way.

Last edited:
as much as i'd like that i'd just tiptoe around afraid of bustin your stuff.
i really wanna see what mine will or won't do, especially with all 4 struts and maybe even try to push the limits on the last day.

i've come to terms that i'm not gonna make it and gonna try and get things ironed out and maybe go harass the Colorado guys late May or early June.
if i rush it i'm gonna go nuts knowing what i didn't really finish out the right way.
Gotcha. Yeah, I know the feeling. I'd feel the same, don't want to break people's stuff and scrape some stock Rubi all to hell on Pritchett Canyon! 🤣

I'm with you too, it's all about seeing what your own rig can do. Just wish yours was ready to go. You've been diligent. Keep at it! It will all be worth it.

Reactions: Apparition
I keep waiting for the shot of your build out in the rocks somewhere!

Reactions: someguysjeep
Question on route.
Google maps gives me two options.
1. Southern route - I-40 to ABQ, NM then up to Moab
2. Northern route - I 40 through AR then cut up through Tulsa and Wichita to make way up to I-70. Then I-70 through Denver.

Google is showing Southern route as preferred with less mileage and less time, but I am a little concerned about the roads and the availability for fuel stops between ABQ and Moab. Anyone ever driven from ABQ, NM to Moab. What is that route like for pulling trailer?

Question on route.
Google maps gives me two options.
1. Southern route - I-40 to ABQ, NM then up to Moab
2. Northern route - I 40 through AR then cut up through Tulsa and Wichita to make way up to I-70. Then I-70 through Denver.

Google is showing Southern route as preferred with less mileage and less time, but I am a little concerned about the roads and the availability for fuel stops between ABQ and Moab. Anyone ever driven from ABQ, NM to Moab. What is that route like for pulling trailer?
I've done both from middle TN. The southern route is horrible after you get off of 40 and head north. Lot's of lights and two way roads for the last few hundred miles, and there are many places where the road is just in bad shape. If the weather is OK, I much prefer the 70 route - just be prepared to climb the Rockies.

I've done both from middle TN. The southern route is horrible after you get off of 40 and head north. Lot's of lights and two way roads for the last few hundred miles, and there are many places where the road is just in bad shape. If the weather is OK, I much prefer the 70 route - just be prepared to climb the Rockies.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.
If you take the Northern route - also be prepared for this. Kansas is a long, straight drive.

CO BDR 7-25-2020 9.JPG

With lot's of freakin' windmills to destroy the scenery....

:)

Reactions: Apparition
Status
Not open for further replies.