TJ Purist

My girlfriend and I are planning on keeping our 2006 LJ as stock as possible. She would like to lift it slightly, but I think the cost of the lift kit is thankfully holding her back. It's just next to impossible to find a clean un-abused example of these vehicles anymore.
I looked for an LJ here, but what few there were already had cancer issues. Adding a lift kit just makes them more unstable ,IMHO. If it's primary use is as a DD, I'd leave it alone. Besides ,my wife is about 4 foot 8, and as senior citizens, getting in out of a stock Jeep is challenging enough !

Had the leaking valve cover gasket replaced today. Hopefully that will end the oil spots on the shop floor ! The engine bay has been well kept, too.

1999 Jeep TJ engine bay 2021-06-02.JPG

I have a question regarding original driving lights. Most have the bezel retaining screws facing forward. Some have the screws facing the rear. Which ones fit which years ?
Just answered my own question ! Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Mounted my 1/32 scale model hardtop Sahara to display on the dash at Jeep meets. I figured I'd use simulated asphalt for the base. That's all the real one ever sees !

Model TJ Sahara 2021-06-12.JPG