TJ seat foam

It does. Being spoiled by amazon isn't part of the equation

Speaking of Amazon, don't automatically assume they have the lowest price on a particular item. I always check the original manufacturer/seller website and many times have found lower price there including shipping. Examples: Bodum, Nespresso capsules, etc.

Did you ever finish the interior?
There's no flooring.

I went with white bedliner to match my exterior, and I removed the carpet. The carpeting seemed out of place to me. It looks quite nice, and I made a carpeted stitched cover around the console. I also added tan floor mats. Everyone who sees it thinks it looks great.

I'm waiting on some Bartact seat covers. I'd love to replace the foam and use those in lieu of putting the old seat covers back on. Has anyone done that?

When you get your Bartacts, can you post your experience, please? I was planning to go that route myself based off of all the great reviews over the years, but it seems like the more recent reviews are not so good.

Reactions: Rut Row
I did the foam replacement in my 2001, and I am beyond impressed. My seat covers were in good shape, no tears or rips. But wow, the new foam is so much better than the 23 year old stuff. It feels like I’m riding 2” higher.

I guess I didn’t think my seats were that bad until the first time I sat down after putting in the new foam.

I did buy an inexpensive pair of hog ring pliers from Amazon. I’m a rookie, and I don’t want to try bending those hog rings with needle nose pliers.

Overall, highly recommended!

IMG_0050.jpeg

IMG_9979.jpeg

I did the foam replacement in my 2001, and I am beyond impressed. My seat covers were in good shape, no tears or rips. But wow, the new foam is so much better than the 23 year old stuff. It feels like I’m riding 2” higher.

I guess I didn’t think my seats were that bad until the first time I sat down after putting in the new foam.

I did buy an inexpensive pair of hog ring pliers from Amazon. I’m a rookie, and I don’t want to try bending those hog rings with needle nose pliers.

Overall, highly recommended!

View attachment 520982

View attachment 520983

Yup, they make a huge difference. Mine is also about 1 to 2 inches taller. Plus, I have 1.5 inch risers under the seat frame so, it really makes me see over the hood well.
Seat covers look great. If they're the originals it's surprising .