Triangulated 3 or 4 link?

Is that standard practice to have the front three link and rear four link? Is one better than the other? I really like the four link you get rid of the track bar.
Not standard, but rather just a different approach. The 3 link - done properly - in the front binds less than a 4 link,but requires a much stronger upper link and mounts to carry the load.

Not standard, but rather just a different approach. The 3 link - done properly - in the front binds less than a 4 link,but requires a much stronger upper link and mounts to carry the load.
Just to clarify, I would say a trackbar on the front of the axle is standard given the requirement for having a mechanical link to steering. Since there is a trackbar then a single or double upper link can do the same job, since they are not triangulated. So we do need to be somewhat precise in our language, triangulated 4-link V. 4-link. All stock wranglers have front and rear 4-links so if anything is standard then 4-links are standard since that is the OEM config.

I think in custom application the midarm front 3 link is going to be easier to integrate than a midarm front 4-link with trackbar because its less links and getting the desired separation with the exhaust on teh passenger side might be a struggle though that is conjecture as i haven't tried it myself.

I have many pictures of the midarm installation in my build thread.

Just to clarify, I would say a trackbar on the front of the axle is standard given the requirement for having a mechanical link to steering. Since there is a trackbar then a single or double upper link can do the same job, since they are not triangulated. So we do need to be somewhat precise in our language, triangulated 4-link V. 4-link. All stock wranglers have front and rear 4-links so if anything is standard then 4-links are standard since that is the OEM config.

I think in custom application the midarm front 3 link is going to be easier to integrate than a midarm front 4-link with trackbar because its less links and getting the desired separation with the exhaust on teh passenger side might be a struggle though that is conjecture as i haven't tried it myself.

If ya did it one at a time would ya do the rear first or front first ?

If ya did it one at a time would ya do the rear first or front first ?
i did front first then rear the next year but not for any good reason beyond by the time i finished my front with JK swap and coilovers I was completely out of time and money. The savvy kit is great if you use as-is, it goes in quick and easy. Not sure theres much reason to one and not the other they're designed to work together.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
The rear will give the most improvement, assuming one has the problem it solves. But the front is easier to install.
I would also note rear requires exhaust work and so does the tummy tuck so doing those at same time makes sense which is why I did them separately so I could get more practice. Lol

i did front first then rear the next year but not for any good reason beyond by the time i finished my front with JK swap and coilovers I was completely out of time and money. The savvy kit is great if you use as-is, it goes in quick and easy. Not sure theres much reason to one and not the other they're designed to work together.
I’d probably do the rear first then. The rear is complete with the 8.8 and all.
There’s still some thoughts about the front Dana 30. 🙄

Not at all. Arm length has nothing to do with it.

Im beginning to understand this more and more ,

questions i have
Why a mid arm instead of a longer arm??
Doesn’t a longer arm reduce the angle even more ?
Is a single Triangulated suspension better than a Double triangulated suspension?

Why a mid arm instead of a longer arm??
the platform we have .
Doesn’t a longer arm reduce the angle even more ?
sure........but circles back to our platform ultimately.
Is a single Triangulated suspension better than a Double triangulated suspension?
for our platform it is.

look into basic off road suspension set up and read what they recommend for CA length and link separation.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee