3 or 4 Link vs standard control mount

Basically what I'm trying to say is - yes, disconnecting the front swaybar will give you more wheel travel; however, it's a compromise I'm not willing to make and I try to help other people see that it's a safety thing. Even though I will recommend Savvy and Currie products all day long, it's not a fan boy thing. They make good stuff, period. The antirock is technically a compromise, but it's a slight one that I am willing to make because the cons (slightly more body roll on the street - depending upon what setting is used) are heavily out weighed by the pros of installing one if you have the need for more wheel travel up front.

Reactions: Chris and StG58
Just to throw in a general comment here about TJ suspensions and all the modifications that are made to them. This applies to all TJ's and Jeep Pushers.

Most of the TJ's that I see running the roads and trails are over built or built with the wrong parts for the application and conditions. There's way to many folks out there that are attempting to compensate for a lack of skill and / or experience with whatever the latest gadget is that the forums and magazines are pushing. They will spend literally thousands of dollars on toys for their rigs that will not buy them one bit more off road capability, and in the process rightly screw up a decent TJ in the process. By capability I mean the combination of skill / equipment that let's you traverse a piece of ground successfully and safely. I'm not saying that modifications aren't required for JV or Moab, or even a winter snow run to Badger Lake. But those applications of the existing TJ technology are way outside of what the normal experience is for most people.

Ask around and see just how many experienced wheelers are getting way back in to the back country in rigs that are not all that modified, and don't have all that much money poured into them. The modifications that are useful are there, but most of the stuff you see in the magazines isn't. Long arm lifts? Custom coil over suspensions? 35 and 37" tires? One ton axles? Sure, in the proper place and the proper time. Read up on some of the truly amazing things that were done in basically stock Jeeps over the years and you'll be impressed. /end rant

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
well i still have the stock brake line in the rear from the frame to the axle so i ordered an extended line today to get ready for all that flex ha. and when I get to change over to the 8.8 it will work there too

Basically what I'm trying to say is - yes, disconnecting the front swaybar will give you more wheel travel; however, it's a compromise I'm not willing to make and I try to help other people see that it's a safety thing. Even though I will recommend Savvy and Currie products all day long, it's not a fan boy thing. They make good stuff, period. The antirock is technically a compromise, but it's a slight one that I am willing to make because the cons (slightly more body roll on the street - depending upon what setting is used) are heavily out weighed by the pros of installing one if you have the need for more wheel travel up front.
So disconnecting the rear sway bar is a bad deal. Your thinking someone may try something they have no business doing anyway, just because they think its going to flex so much and save their butts and compensate for the way off camber and then over they go.

So disconnecting the rear sway bar is a bad deal. Your thinking someone may try something they have no business doing anyway, just because they think its going to flex so much and save their butts and compensate for the way off camber and then over they go.
It may be something you had no business doing, or it could be as simple as you had to turn around on a tight trail, had to get a little off camber to do it, and before you know it you're on your side.

And the rear is soft enough that it really doesn't limit travel anyway. The front is the only issue. But I would absolutely never run with both of them disconnected. The engineers put them into the design for a reason, the compromised and made the front a little stiffer than what you'd typically want for offraod use to decrease body roll on the road, but the rear is actually a very good rate. In fact, the currie antirock rear swaybar is the same (or very close to) the stock rate.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
well my original question about he 3 & 4 link suspensions came about because of the lift i currently have (basic 4" from rough country that came on it when i bought it). and to better things using the springs I have I was looking into replacing the shocks , which i did and now thinknng about the control arms. Then as you look into control arms costing what they do, ya find kits from Artec for link kits about the same price. SO thats why I started asking . and as usual I always think of other things along the way.

Reactions: PStov98TJ
It snowballs quick. But that's why we ask questions here. To find out what fits your needs, suggestions on what to buy, and how to put it all together.

Reactions: StG58
Even though I will recommend Savvy and Currie products all day long, it's not a fan boy thing. They make good stuff, period.

And I'll add my two cents here as well.

With as much as I push Currie and Savvy on people, it probably sounds like I'm a major fanboy. In reality I have nothing to gain whatsoever from recommending them. I just like to see people make the right choice the first time. In addition, I recommend them so much because I use their products and I can attest first hand to the superb craftsmanship, quality control and engineering that goes into all of their parts.

These are parts that are made by guys who care about Jeeps. Not companies like Rough Country who just want to mass produce lifts for as many vehicles as they can.

So, while I may sound like a fanboy, I think you'll find that anyone who has used Currie / Savvy products is a believer. Their stuff really is as good as it gets when it comes to Jeep parts.

Reactions: StG58