Replaced AR links. Ive had this system for a number of years now and the ends were shot. Greaseable replacement joints from Summit. I was able to remove one old joint and the threads had stripped when removing. The other 3 joints were completely seized onto the rods, which never saw antisieze. I couldnt cut the rod straight either with a dremel because the old joints were in the way. So new threaded rods from RockJock were ordered.

View attachment 217219View attachment 217220

I did notice immediately after install that some of the clunks I would hear when hitting dips in the road are now gone.
I like this idea. I made my own rear links, with joints and all-thread, but they aren't greaseable ends. (y)

I like this idea. I made my own rear links, with joints and all-thread, but they aren't greaseable ends. (y)
Not to mention rockjock wants $45 per link. I think these were less than $10 per. I tried to locate a threaded rod but couldnt find a 1/2x20 locally.

Reactions: Irun
Thinking about it more, I probably could have gotten a touch more out of them too, I didnt rotate as religiously as I should have. There was also a few thousand miles where I was running on an incorrect toe setting.
My KM3s are still pretty new, about 9k on them. Im hoping to get at least 35k out of them but im in your shoes with the bad toe/ and not rotating religiously. My control arms are stock in the front and my rears are way out of adjustment

Reactions: tworley
Getting the MTRs balanced for the 3rd time in 9 days
As much as people praise the off-road performance of GY MTR's, I had trouble with mine. Had them balanced 3 or 4 times and still had a shimmy. The day I went to a new set of tires all shimmying was gone, and it was a step up in tire size too.

I'll give them the benefit of doubt, when I had these installed it was -6 out. Assuming weights don't stick well when it's that cold.

I told Discount to take their time, also to not strip my studs this time 😑

I have trouble with my 35's here at work and I use hammer on weights (steel wheels). I'm not in a hurry on my rig and will rotate the tire 90 degrees at a time on the rim and go back and forth til the balancer asks for the minimal starting weight.

That's where the success is at for me. It is back breaking sweat time though.

Is it bad to never balance the tires? What is it like driving an out of balance wheel, And how often should we do it.... asking for a friend

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Is it bad to never balance the tires? What is it like driving an out of balance wheel, And how often should we do it.... asking for a friend
i rotate them every oil change, and I think its by feel for balance? maybe at the quarter or half life?

Reactions: D M
I have trouble with my 35's here at work and I use hammer on weights (steel wheels). I'm not in a hurry on my rig and will rotate the tire 90 degrees at a time on the rim and go back and forth til the balancer asks for the minimal starting weight.

That's where the success is at for me. It is back breaking sweat time though.
If only everyone would do that!

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
I ask for a balance whenever they are rotated. For me, an unbalanced tire leads to a shake in the steering wheel anywhere from 40-55 mph

I've been amazed that with both the 35" Toyo M/T's & then the 38x12.5 SX's I ran them both with no weights because the stupid tire stores here won't balance beadlock wheels. And either I just don't feel it or??

Reactions: D M
If only everyone would do that!
I have found that if this is done the first time you mount them. It really only needs a rebalance after getting right the first time.

I still have a few wheels running up to 10ish onces total, that is inside and outside. But, they are smooth up to 75mph.

So I'm close to the 1% rule.

Reactions: tworley
I've been amazed that with both the 35" Toyo M/T's & then the 38x12.5 SX's I ran them both with no weights because the stupid tire stores here won't balance beadlock wheels. And either I just don't feel it or??
200.gif

When I used clamp on weights, I would get the tires rebalanced every month or two during wheeling season because I would constantly wipe off the weights.
This is a downside to the hammer/clamp weights. But they are easily re-balanced too.