20220814_093307.jpg

20220814_094152.jpg

20220814_094303.jpg

20220814_094408.jpg

20220814_095819.jpg

20220814_100146.jpg

20220814_100550.jpg

Reactions: Wildman and tworley
These pics are amazing. I love this area, these are the views that cemented my love of offroading when I first got the jeep.

What a perfect day it was

It was an absolute gorgeous day. We were at the top by 9am. Only saw a couple side by sides and a gladiator on Webster pass so we had the top of red cone to ourslves.

The only photo I got of my jeep today.
20221023_090242.jpg

Everything performed well. The rock pile was slippery wet but a couple of us made it over.

The truck did much better. Trans temps pulling Kenosha pass and others only hit 206 and immediately back down to 199. On crow hill i pushed it harder just to see (2nd gear and 50 mph) and hit 210 before it dropped. Last time I towed with it I was a quart low on trans fluid and missing air dams that divert air flow over the cooler and was seeing temps of 230+

The only photo I got of my jeep today.
View attachment 369565

Everything performed well. The rock pile was slippery wet but a couple of us made it over.

The truck did much better. Trans temps pulling Kenosha pass and others only hit 206 and immediately back down to 199. On crow hill i pushed it harder just to see (2nd gear and 50 mph) and hit 210 before it dropped. Last time I towed with it I was a quart low on trans fluid and missing air dams that divert air flow over the cooler and was seeing temps of 230+

Is a trailer in your future so you don't have to try and get the rental back? My 14' is nice for parking but harder to get things tied down properly.

Is a trailer in your future so you don't have to try and get the rental back? My 14' is nice for parking but harder to get things tied down properly.

I've been pricing a few sellers around. A used trailer around here (even decades old) is bringing 3.8-5k. A brand new one is 5.5k. Get one with 5k axles and its around 8k new. Aluminum is even higher. We'll see. I'd love to have one. It was very nice at the end of the trail to load up and turn on my sat radio, heater, and kick the seat back a little bit and just relax.

Trailer prices here are insane as well. I was lucky to find mine for under 2k. I put about 1k into since though between, tires, brakes, and new wood. Sure is nice to tow though on longer trips. Also, nice to be able to leave the tires at trail pressure.

Reactions: SvtLdr and tworley
I've been pricing a few sellers around. A used trailer around here (even decades old) is bringing 3.8-5k. A brand new one is 5.5k. Get one with 5k axles and its around 8k new. Aluminum is even higher. We'll see. I'd love to have one. It was very nice at the end of the trail to load up and turn on my sat radio, heater, and kick the seat back a little bit and just relax.

Your prices compare to around here and they are just crazy. I think I paid $2500 for mine but that was 16 years ago. If you can wait a bit I might be selling mine and I'm sure if I tried to trade it in towards another trailer they wouldn't give me much.

20220805_185809.jpg

Your prices compare to around here and they are just crazy. I think I paid $2500 for mine but that was 16 years ago. If you can wait a bit I might be selling mine and I'm sure if I tried to trade it in towards another trailer they wouldn't give me much.

View attachment 369617

I'm in no hurry but I'll definitely keep that in mind🤔 In the meantimeantime, the $60 rentals will suffice!

Reactions: Alex01 and Wildman
I've towed the last couple times I've gone on multi-day trips. Its SO MUCH BETTER. It lets me concentrate on the wheelin and not thinking about what I'm gonna do if something breaks. I'm still conscientious, cuz I don't like breaking stuff, but its a relief to know I can get home, regardless.

On one trip, I actually had to pull my jeep off the trailer and let someone else drive it, because their jeep broke down on the way home. Its really nice to have that option.

I've towed the last couple times I've gone on multi-day trips. Its SO MUCH BETTER. It lets me concentrate on the wheelin and not thinking about what I'm gonna do if something breaks. I'm still conscientious, cuz I don't like breaking stuff, but its a relief to know I can get home, regardless.

On one trip, I actually had to pull my jeep off the trailer and let someone else drive it, because their jeep broke down on the way home. Its really nice to have that option.

100% agree. The comfort factor is a nice plus

Reactions: Wildman and Alex01
I know I’m a little late to the trailer price gripes, but they are truely outrageous up here, many will buy new in the lower 48 and sell for a 2k profit once up the Alcan.

Uhaul are great for the price, just wish they had brake connections

Reactions: tworley and Wildman