V8 Swap, Diesel?

A jku with the ecodiesel had me drooling for years at the thought. A buddy had the Dodge ram with the ecodiesel, but he got the cab configuration wrong and sold it. That was a bad ass setup though. However I personally like tjs more than the jk and jl stuff.

I understand injuries changing priorities, it's crazy to think about what we want and what life has in store.

Reactions: Tree killer
Saw your post and thought I would chime in.
I've got a brand new VM Motori V6 24 valve Turbocharged. Carbon graphite compacted block. 241 hp 406 foot lbs torque. The whole motor weighs under 500lbs. I have the motor, 6 speed automatic transmission, transfer case, ecu, front half wire harness, gauge cluster, telescoping tilt steering wheel and floor shifter.
Everything it would take to make it run. It's the same set up they put in dodge ram and the jeep grand Cherokee EcoDiesels in fact it was in a Cherokee. I was going to put it in a 2012 JKU. If your looking for a conversion this would be the one.
The only reason I would sell it is I broke my neck several years ago and my priorities have changed.
If your interested get ahold of me? I'm probably going to list it on the forum.

View attachment 233639

View attachment 233640

View attachment 233641

View attachment 233642

View attachment 233643

View attachment 233644

View attachment 233646
Just sent you a message this morning!

Reactions: BugoutJeep
The 7.3 is a marine platform originally, and then it went into trucks, then eventually became the turbocharged PowerStroke.

There are just too many better options for a Jeep diesel swap than the 7.3. Way too massive..

Reactions: BugoutJeep
The 7.3 is a marine platform originally, and then it went into trucks, then eventually became the turbocharged PowerStroke.

There are just too many better options for a Jeep diesel swap than the 7.3. Way too massive..
The Jeep really would just turn into a truck that looks kind of like a Jeep with the 7.3. My biggest worry is the noise and vibrations, but at this point I'm probably back to wanting to do a TDI swap.

Reactions: AndyG
I don't think I'm going to do the 7.3, but I have been thinking about a 4BT or something similar. I think Cummins has an ISB version which should be a bit more well mannered than the tried and true 4BT. I've also been looking at the 4.5L variant, ie the stroked 3.9L or the ISF 3.8. I'm really just looking at getting something in that 400-500 ft lbs of torque. I'd also like to get into the project without spending what I did for the R2.8 Cummins, but instead take my time and do more fabrication and find good deals.

Quickdraw sells a frame cut 3.9 ISB with an Allison. That looks tempting, though tuning seems to be something that I can't find much information on.

I might add that I've seen some products that deal with much of the 4BT shake, but I worry that it's detrimental to the engine, performance, etc. I'm wondering if I can just beef up the steering/suspension and isolate the cab from the shakes. I also don't want to tune and then roll coal everywhere, which makes me a bit more hesitant on some of these older mechanical and modified diesels. And the runaway diesel stuff worries me, that seems like occurs when people modify for more power/torque.