What did you do to / in your garage / shop today?

I like all stock looking stuff. Just correct numbers, and it's a 4.7L now.

View attachment 509565

I can see what I can come up with, but it may be hard to match the silver unless you know the exact vinyl color that was used for your 4.6 decal. I could probably just cut a few different shades of silver and send them all so you could match it up if necessary. Otherwise, the only thing I could do to ensure it wouldn't be mismatched is just cut you all new JEEP, WRANGLER, and 4.7L decals. Just let me know if you want to give it a shot and if so what route you decide.

Thanks! I would say don't worry about cutting me anything just yet though. Lemme see if I can find an example of the sticker material to send you and I'm in no hurry to track it down. Thanks though! 👍

Reactions: WVJeep304
I've been working on everything but vehicles in mine lately it seems. I've been trying to straighten up a little more and get rid of some clutter. Then I was asked to clean up a couple of rifles and a pistol and I needed to have at least one ready by tomorrow. These rifles have been heavily neglected for their entire lives and have a ton of crud built up on the inside. As I disassembled the 10/22, I started to work on the trigger group when I hear/feel something whiz by my head and hit the wall behind my shelves. After a little investigating, it seems the extractor and extractor detent decided to randomly yeet themselves across the room into oblivion. NO CLUE where they ended up. So, new parts are already ordered and the gun will go back together once I get them. I swear, nothing can ever be simple.

Ruger 1022.jpg

• USA Proud
Reactions: FarFire70
I've been working on everything but vehicles in mine lately it seems. I've been trying to straighten up a little more and get rid of some clutter. Then I was asked to clean up a couple of rifles and a pistol and I needed to have at least one ready by tomorrow. These rifles have been heavily neglected for their entire lives and have a ton of crud built up on the inside. As I disassembled the 10/22, I started to work on the trigger group when I hear/feel something whiz by my head and hit the wall behind my shelves. After a little investigating, it seems the extractor and extractor detent decided to randomly yeet themselves across the room into oblivion. NO CLUE where they ended up. So, new parts are already ordered and the gun will go back together once I get them. I swear, nothing can ever be simple.

View attachment 509973

Yeet?

Wife goes off to Mal*Wart for groceries. Comes home and comes in through the front door rather than parking in the garage.

BECAUSE...

Garage door torsion spring broke. Needed new lift cables as well. $1K. But they came out on a Saturday afternoon.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: John Cooper and sab
Passed out the couch, tired and popping Tylenol like m&m’s. New home trying to set up the rv bay to shop duty…high bay led lights. Had to put Aframe on the back of he wife’s for to reach that high… new racking for Christmas gear and shed under way as I still have to much stuff that won’t fit in the garage…

IMG_4208.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes... Exactly like that 😂

When that whole thrash was first going on, I remember one guy saying that he had never so hated a word that he had never heard of before. Of course no discussion of the subject is complete without mentioning the other Internet naming fiasco, "Boaty McBoatface"!

Can't stand weeding the vinyl especially with fonts with serifs.

Yeah... Nothing about it is fun. Even worse with intricate designs or anything with small pieces/details. Sometimes it's hard to tell what needs weeded and what's supposed to stay. Plus, I'm still searching for another transfer tape I like. I'm using a medium tack now, which is good for application, but sometimes not strong enough to make peeling the design from the backer paper a smooth process.