What did you do to your other vehicle today?

Quit being cheap and buy a new motor..
need to focus on the bills before vacation season kicks in. jeeps not very easy on the wallet after driving it about 3000 miles in one week. carrying a balance of too much debt that I got to get back to reality. moving hit me in the wallet hard.

trucks not so good on gas either but the upside is that its been working on reducing the weight of the body on its own the past few years which should improve the mpg's.

Yea, I agree. I've replaced enough of these blend motors to know I don't want to do it more than once.
Id be fine with just taking a zip tie and locking the blend door in place on full heat but OCD says I cant do that. its located just behind the glovebox and now that I got it out ive realized its not a terribly invasive job to get at. can reach both the 5.5mm screws once I pull the glovebox. id buy new but used is the better option at this point financially. luckily its not the control panel module on the dash 💰💰

Changed the rear diff fluid and transfer case fluid in my wife's 2015 Highlander. The HL has 180k, and I'm hoping to get 300k out of it. I've been pretty good with the maintenance, so fingers crossed our HL lives up to the Toyotas last forever hype.

Id be fine with just taking a zip tie and locking the blend door in place on full heat but OCD says I cant do that. its located just behind the glovebox and now that I got it out ive realized its not a terribly invasive job to get at. can reach both the 5.5mm screws once I pull the glovebox. id buy new but used is the better option at this point financially. luckily its not the control panel module on the dash 💰💰
I had to do the passenger temp one in my 03. It was in a super tight area and make me question my sanity and my care of the passenger's comfort.

Washed the Gladiator. Took it out Saturday with my dad and father in law. It was stuck in the mud for an hour so it needed a bit of a wash.

I had to do the passenger temp one in my 03. It was in a super tight area and make me question my sanity and my care of the passenger's comfort.
if it was the one tucked up on the fender side behind the blower motor im not sure what I would do. I dont think its possible to fit a socket without the ratchet up in there without some major disassembly.

well, my used blend door actuator arrived from ebay......
the f is this garbage? photo angle showed just the one viable mounting eyelet but the other two weren't viewable from the angle of the photo. description stated it was used but might show signs of wear but additional details would be listed if there was any actual damage in any other way in so many words.

promptly requested a refund. theres no proper way to secure this garbage, bozo took 1 mounting screw off then decided to pry it off rather than remove the last mounting screw.

ended up sourcing one from local auto supply, installing it and reassembling the dash in about 15 minutes and my heats now working. Now I can get the jeep in the garage for the last of the remaining days of winter.
94A0E7E3-34E9-4CD3-AEB3-B60E9D4AFF72.jpeg
CEF0F818-135D-4073-AC53-8E796E0CCA1F.jpeg
660F7A91-A99F-44D2-9FD5-F6F0949E0F6F.jpeg

The Cayman received a fresh Set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s.
Replaced some way too old tires that came on the new to me wheels.

Sure handles a lot better!

Reactions: 707kevin
Silverado and Denali received a fresh coat of ice and sleet today after last week's finally melted. TJ is nice and toasty in the garage.🤣

Reactions: BillW
The former occupant of the garage for the last 3 winters, including up until the day I bought the TJ.....
IMG_20210317_173029.jpg
Passenger side HHR.jpg
Current Occupant is the HHR, it is the daily driver, except when driving the TJ. It is also the parts runner for both.... That is the 4Runner behind it, it was a daily driver until I got the car the HHR replaced.

Last edited:
well upon the truck sitting for a few days figuring out the blend door actuator repair, the front drivers tire lost enough air to notice. so I pulled the tire and took it in for repair. had a rim leak.. go figure. new tires, sits for about a year, rusty steel rims.. pretty obvious its gonna happen.

put the rim back on and figured id top off all the tires & found the right rear was at 15 psi 🤦‍♂️ guess il take care of it too next weekend.

The Cayman received a fresh Set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s.
Replaced some way too old tires that came on the new to me wheels.

Sure handles a lot better!

I have them on my Golf R, incredible tires - huge difference in traction after the ECU flash to 360hp too.

I drove it home! I picked up a 2005 Jeep WK that's in great shape. Gas prices are going up so I decided to pick up a Jeep with a 5.7L hemi V8. :rolleyes: No time for pics yet. This is where I found it.

1.jpg

Reactions: mrjp and Cheesy
41919897062_87c1eba8a6_z.jpg

Not the same machine I worked on today. This is a good one not made in our US factory. As of tomorrow, I‘ve worked on these marvies for 25 years. For 23.5 years, I have never had to replace a work pump. In the last 18 months, I have replaced three $14,000, 150 lb pumps. The last one today. All three machines have come out of our South Carolina facility.

Apparently, their mantra is “We knew it wasn’t ready to ship but we needed to get paid. The Field Guys can fix it after it’s delivered.”

I’m the majorly pissed off Field Guy.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: mrjp and ColoJeep
... “We knew it wasn’t ready to ship but we needed to get paid....
I used to work for a company like that. If we didn't meet a minimum quota set by the bank, we'd be closed down Monday morning. So we'd ship crap that would get returned the next week to be fixed correctly...

Removed the flywheel , and everything else it took to get there, on my son's '09 Jetta TDI. It has the DSG automatic with dual mass flywheel. The flywheel was roached, but we got to it before it failed catastrophically.

With any luck, motivation, and a bucket of Motrin, we'll sideline the 13mpg @ $4.29gl (and climbing) '00 Sahara rotbox and he'll drive this at 42mpg $ $4.99/gl (and climbing).

flywheel.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zebra12 and mrjp