What did you do to your TJ today?

@FarFire70 @DylanM345

So I failed to account for needing a new rear track bar with this install. It appears the JKS is OOS for a while. I can still get the bracket that works with the DCDS, I'm now curious about the track bar. The Jeep isn't my daily so I can wait...but I'd really not want to wait 60 days if Core4x4 is bent correctly.

Reactions: D M
I don't know how many orders Bestop needs, but I bet they could sell a couple dozen tops in Khaki
If they didn't a limited edition run of Khaki LJ tops I'd be right their in line!
200.gif

@FarFire70 @DylanM345

So I failed to account for needing a new rear track bar with this install. It appears the JKS is OOS for a while. I can still get the bracket that works with the DCDS, I'm now curious about the track bar. The Jeep isn't my daily so I can wait...but I'd really not want to wait 60 days if Core4x4 is bent correctly.
If the JKS is unavailable, and you can afford it, id get the currie if I were you. If I could have afforded it at the time being, I wouldve done it in the first place. Ask @JMT about the Core4x4 tier 4 rear TB, as I believe he runs it

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
Holy Cow Batman ! I look away and find I am 30 pages behind in this thread !

Well, gotta ask. Can You Hear Me Now ?
View attachment 235289
View attachment 235290
View attachment 235291

Bought both the Arizona Rocky Road radio and antenna mounts. Quality mounts and being just across town from the guy, shipping was painless. I ain't never put a radio in a Jeep before so, I will over time try and route the wires better.
That's a big 10-4 rubber ducky.....(y)

@FarFire70 @DylanM345

Agree with the other recommendations on considering Currie. That's what I'm going with as it's part of the Savvy kit with aluminum arms taking up a good part of my basement floor. ;)

Any reason you're wanting the JKS specifically?

Agree with the other recommendations on considering Currie. That's what I'm going with as it's part of the Savvy kit with aluminum arms taking up a good part of my basement floor. ;)

Any reason you're wanting the JKS specifically?
Cheaper. I’m actually weighing rough country vs jks

I’m just discouraged to be honest. $300 here, $300. Deep pockets to live anything over 2” without sacrificing.
What lift do you have now?

I have a RC now. I may keep the springs and go with the Core control arms, the do the MML and adjust the Tcase drop accordingly. I got a deal in my jeep so I can redo and still not be upside down, well till I decide on something else ha ha

I’m just discouraged to be honest. $300 here, $300. Deep pockets to live anything over 2” without sacrificing.
Oh yes. For sure.

I had all the parts purchased and ready to go before I jumped into the lift a couple weekends ago. Here I am buying all the brake components from the master cylinder to the axle shafts.

Jeep = Just Empty Every Pocket...

What lift do you have now?

I have a RC now. I may keep the springs and go with the Core control arms, the do the MML and adjust the Tcase drop accordingly. I got a deal in my jeep so I can redo and still not be upside down, well till I decide on something else ha ha
I bought it with a 4” lift and didn’t really understand that the drivability issues were related to shortcuts related to the lift. I thought the components were worn out. So I was replacing piece by piece trying to improve drivability. It finally dawned on me it’s all because of the TC drop shortcut. Once I’m done, I should be in great shape. Nothing else to replace, lol.

Reactions: John Cooper
Today was not a fun day. Decided to install my morryde hinge kit, figured it would take like 5 minutes to remove all the bolts on the stock hinges.

I was wrong. It took me at least 8 hours.

Most of the stock torx heads stripped extremely easily, I did not use an impact or anything just a small breaker bar but I could barely apply any pressure since the heads were so soft. I did use a torch to heat up the bolt and soften the threadlocker, but still had no luck.

I decided to try using an easy out despite everyone warning that it could break and be even harder to get out. And of course, it broke in there and was even harder to get out. Luckily I was able to get it out with a cutting disc using a v shaped cut. I tried drilling the bolts out, but it was not working well I think my drill bits got dull. So I ended up grinding down the bolt heads and the factory hinge enough so it would pop off.

It worked, but it took all afternoon. I was able to use pliers to grab the threads and twist them out, except for 2 which are soaking overnight with penetrating oil:
File_000 (18).jpeg

I plan on wire wheeling and painting the area under the hinges before I install the new ones tomorrow.

The aftermath of my factory hinges:
File_000 (19).jpeg

Lesson learned: A 10 minute project can turn into a MUCH longer project very fast. it did not help that I only had 2 batteries for my grinder, and my Milwaukee brushed grinder eats batteries very fast so I had to wait for them to charge