What did you do to your TJ today?

I found best price on my ARB twin through eBay but with known seller, RockRidge 4WD. Almost fell for the one you mention as well because comes up with part number search. Agree is rather misleading ad designed to trick buyer.

Where do you plan to mount it?
Has a mount in the old airbox area from the previous compressor the PO kept. Should bolt right in and wire into the SPOD.

Has a mount in the old airbox area from the previous compressor the PO kept. Should bolt right in and wire into the SPOD.

Custom mount? Do have any photos. Was thinking ABS tray for compressor but something in air box area for winch pack and compressor might be good idea.

Took this little lady for a spin and she clearly absolutely loved it.
92D576C7-6987-46AD-B837-1A09DE2C746A.jpeg

i don’t do it for the money. I enjoy working with my hands and wrenching and learning and the sense of accomplishment I get with a job well done.
I understand completely, I did the a cooling overhaul and have done everything else I can do thus far. I just wasn’t super comfortable with all of that stuff quite yet. Next time I will probably go for it as I build my skills!

Misfire on 3 under load. Replaced spark plugs. Old were worn but not horrible. Definitely feels and starts a bit better but maybe a placebo effect?

Today was not a fun day. Decided to install my morryde hinge kit, figured it would take like 5 minutes to remove all the bolts on the stock hinges.

I was wrong. It took me at least 8 hours.

Most of the stock torx heads stripped extremely easily, I did not use an impact or anything just a small breaker bar but I could barely apply any pressure since the heads were so soft. I did use a torch to heat up the bolt and soften the threadlocker, but still had no luck.

I decided to try using an easy out despite everyone warning that it could break and be even harder to get out. And of course, it broke in there and was even harder to get out. Luckily I was able to get it out with a cutting disc using a v shaped cut. I tried drilling the bolts out, but it was not working well I think my drill bits got dull. So I ended up grinding down the bolt heads and the factory hinge enough so it would pop off.
It’s because of horror stories like this that I think a new bumper with a tire carrier is the way to go! I’ve been struggling trying to decide which way to go. I just ordered new wheels and tires yesterday and I’m going with Pro Comp 7069 and 32” Falken Wildpeaks and I think I want to try and put the spare on the stock mount but I’m afraid it’ll be too heavy. I did the math and altogether it’ll be 75lbs. So now I’m looking at bumpers with tire carriers and not wanting to spend another $450-600! It’s a daily driver and never or rarely off-road, although metro Detroit roads are like a war zone!

I know people run 33’s and larger on their stock carrier but what do y’all think? Is that too heavy or no?

It’s because of horror stories like this that I think a new bumper with a tire carrier is the way to go! I’ve been struggling trying to decide which way to go. I just ordered new wheels and tires yesterday and I’m going with Pro Comp 7069 and 32” Falken Wildpeaks and I think I want to try and put the spare on the stock mount but I’m afraid it’ll be too heavy. I did the math and altogether it’ll be 75lbs. So now I’m looking at bumpers with tire carriers and not wanting to spend another $450-600! It’s a daily driver and never or rarely off-road, although metro Detroit roads are like a war zone!

I know people run 33’s and larger on their stock carrier but what do y’all think? Is that too heavy or no?
If you can maintain contact with the snubbers on the tailgate and valance it will work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and dschwes
No pictures because it wasn’t really worth it but I had a sound coming from my back left wheel that I heard when coming to a stop. It was rotational and it was somewhere between a ticking and a clunking sound. Anyway, I guessed right, I removed the wheel and drum and discovered that my rear self adjusting drum brakes decided they didn’t want to self adjust anymore. Just a few simple spins of the gear sprocket and bam, all better now! Did the passenger side too since it would probably be just a matter of time before it decided not to work as well.
PO must have done the rears at some point because the shoes were in pretty good shape. just needed a cleaning and the adjustment and they should be good to go for a few years now.
One of the more simple jobs I’ve had with the Jeep, things are looking up! 🤞

No pictures, but finally for my 3 inch zone lift installed this week. I didn't do it had it done but was well worth it to me for them to go over everything and let me know what needs to be done next as well as what direction I need to go for future upgrades. First will be new front track bar (thinking about going with the metalclock ) stock bushings on mine were not great to start and I knew it was gonna be next on my list but the lift definitely ;) exaggerated the problem.

Also what is everyone using for frame rail undercoating ???

Last edited:
No pictures, but finally for my 3 inch zone lift installed this week. I didn't do it had it done but was well worth it to me for them to go over everything and let me know what needs to be done next as well as what direction I need to go for future upgrades. First will be new front track bar (thinking about going with the metalclock ) stock bushings on mine were not great to start and I knew it was gonna be next on my list but the lift defiantly exaggerated the problem.

Also what is everyone using for frame rail undercoating ???
Pics or it never happened. Why was your lift so defiant?
defiantly.
ADVERB
  1. in a manner that shows open resistance or bold disobedience. :unsure:

I have 33s and do not currently carry a spare. I’m going to just upgrade the hinges.

Reactions: dschwes