What did you do to your TJ today?

Fired up the Jeep for the first time in over 5 weeks. New parts that went in during that time included:

- Rear Main Seal
- Oil Pump
- Oil Pan Gasket
- Timing Chain Set
- Waterpump
- Radiator
- Radiator Cap
- Fan Clutch
- Fan Belt
- Tensioner Pulley
- Idler Pulley
- Thermostat & Housing
- Coolant Hoses
- Heater Hoses
- Coolant & Distilled Water
- Transmission Pan, With Drain Plug & LubeLocker Gasket
- Transmission Temperature Sensor
- Transmission Filter & Fluid
- Transmission Cooler
- Transmission Rubber Lines
- Power Steering Cooler
- Power Steering Lines
- Power Steering Fluid
- A/C compressor
- A/C Accumulator Drier
- All A/C Lines & Switches
- A/C Condenser
- Catalytic Convertor
- O2 Sensors (NTK)

Crap, now that I write that down the list is long, and I'm sure I missed some stuff. The list of work done prior to this is equally as long, as is the list of stuff still to do! o_O

20210426_194245-jpg.jpg

20210426_194224-jpg.jpg

20210427_193523-jpg.jpg

Replaced the PCV/CCV valves and rubber grommets. Was a bigger pain in the ass than I expected with old brittle plastic and old hard rubber.
Every time I do this I cuss at the grommets. Now, I take a heat gun to them, to soften them up. It's still a pain to get them out though!

Reactions: TWiG01
Old tires went buh-bye. Some of that rubber was from 2006 and as stiff as a power wheels Jeep!
old tires1.jpg

New Cooper STT Pro's ready to go on..

new tires.jpg

Jeep is now ready for the tires!!!!

no tires.jpg

And installed! :) FINALLY new tires that are Road Force balanced!

installed.jpg

I know it's a small thing getting new tires, but these are the first NEW tires I've put on this TJ in a LLOOOOOONG time. :)

Just need to grease up the fittings (sway bar, control arms, etc) and give it an oil change and fresh tank of gas!

Old tires went buh-bye. Some of that rubber was from 2006 and as stiff as a power wheels Jeep!
View attachment 247945

New Cooper STT Pro's ready to go on..

View attachment 247949

Jeep is now ready for the tires!!!!

View attachment 247950

And installed! :) FINALLY new tires that are Road Force balanced!

View attachment 247952

I know it's a small thing getting new tires, but these are the first NEW tires I've put on this TJ in a LLOOOOOONG time. :)

Just need to grease up the fittings (sway bar, control arms, etc) and give it an oil change and fresh tank of gas!
Lookin' GOOD

Finally got around to installing the 33x12.5x15 maxxis razr mt today.

Posting mostly to say, I had doubts about the C rated tires. Glad to say they do seem a bit smoother, I am not saying it rides like a caddy but it helps. If you are on the fence about it, try them, you won’t be disappointed.
I have the same, do you notice at under 5mph and under it seems super rough ?

I agree they are great tires in the mud/water they have been awesome so far road wise at speed they are not loud and smooth just seem super bumpy at a crawl on pavement.

I have the same, do you notice at under 5mph and under it seems super rough ?
Yep, mine do the same thing. Tread pattern I guess, I have changed Tire pressure several times but it doesn’t really seem to matter. I’m at 28# now and it seems decent.

Yep, mine do the same thing. Tread pattern I guess, I have changed Tire pressure several times but it doesn’t really seem to matter. I’m at 28# now and it seems decent.
That is what I figured, but figured I would ask, I seem to be on the same I like the 28 the best 26 seemed a bit rougher.

I put my new unlimited stickers
IMG_6084.JPG
IMG_6085.JPG
IMG_6086.JPG
IMG_6087.JPG
on from Jeepstickers.com, great stickers and service, price. Also R&R'd rear main seal again on a really new remanufactured 4.0. Installed a new Mopar (made in Canada) oil pan this time, it better work. Old pan had 169K it, also changed up replacement procedure a little.