What did you do to your TJ today?

This past weekend took it Up North for the trout opener and it's first "real" offroad trip. Hit a couple....well four, of the MDNR ORV Routes (as opposed to trails) she did well. Actually , in some of the deep sand I thought I was in 4WD and got through then realized I was in 2WD, love those Yoko's in sand! Didn't even air down. I think I'll make a Wheeling Trip thread...
IMG_1710.JPG
IMG_1761.JPG

ATV's and Lincoln Continentals!? LOL

IMG_1730.JPG

Reactions: DaYooperTransplant
This past weekend took it Up North for the trout opener and it's first "real" offroad trip. Hit a couple....well four, of the MDNR ORV Routes (as opposed to trails) she did well. Actually , in some of the deep sand I thought I was in 4WD and got through then realized I was in 2WD, love those Yoko's in sand! Didn't even air down. I think I'll make a Wheeling Trip thread...

ATV's and Lincoln Continentals!? LOL

Around here I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see an old Lincoln out on a trail or fire road.
A month ago I went camping on a lake about an hour into the fire roads, still covered in snow, and as I'm sitting by my fire a guy rolls in plowing through the snow in a 1992 Dodge Caravan lol

75.jpg

Installed a rugged ridge skid plate for my diff cover. $50 used on amazon. Went ahead and replaced the lube locker and fluid even though it didn't need it. I didn't want to chance the lube locker leaking if I replaced the bottom bolts.

Took it for a test run yesterday to visit my dance teacher who is both my teacher and my student - and vice versa. She's helping me clean up an 18 year old routine, and I'm helping her with her finger cymbals and a drum solo dance (danced to a solo drum, nothing else). Anyway, I wanted to see how the new lower control arms would do. Good news: The subtle click in the right passenger side appears to be gone - it had gotten worse after I mounted the winch. Neutral news: There was an occasional klunk from the front driver's side. Bad news: It threw a TPS CEL during the drive. Like any other Jeep owner, I always carry a code tool - I was able to clear the code and it didn't come back, but I figure it will sooner or later.

So - this AM, I re-checked all the control arm bolts, and the one that I had had a bit of problem with I was able to get another half turn or so onto it - and yes, it was driver's side front!

So onward and upward, next will be the rear swaybar links and upper control arms. My latest Summit order arrived, which includes new front axle control arm bushings and a ball joint press to go with them. However, I'll probably finally get my winch line spooled on first as I'm now all setup for it, and wife is available tomorrow PM to sit in the Jeep while I'm doing this. Gonna try to make a YooToob vid of it as well.

5ED8B25D-1F93-4CB2-AB78-821CB5733E91.jpeg

Got these installed. I’m not super thrilled with my nursert installation as there was no room near the body mounts and my bolt/washer/nut combo was a little lacking. Some of them tilted a hair.

Everything bolted up fine and I’m happy with how it turned out. Although part of me thinks I could/should have went with the body mount version but this is fine for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Let's here what you've done to your TJ today!

I'll start by saying I gave her the biggest, most thorough cleaning possible!
That’s awesome! Today my wife took the TJ and I rode my motorcycle. When I got home she said it’s making a screeching sound. When I got to looking in to it I discovered the bearings in the alternator are going out and I can’t find a replacement locally. No biggie though, it’s on order and only a few days out. We can still drive it until then. It’s still pulling amps and keeping everything charged and running.

Reactions: John Cooper
That’s awesome! Today my wife took the TJ and I rode my motorcycle. When I got home she said it’s making a screeching sound. When I got to looking in to it I discovered the bearings in the alternator are going out and I can’t find a replacement locally. No biggie though, it’s on order and only a few days out. We can still drive it until then. It’s still pulling amps and keeping everything charged and running.
Until the bearings seize up, and it takes the belt out with it. I wouldn't drive it unless I had to...

Retired it today to play/toy status!!!!! We got the wife a newer 2015 Nissan Armada platinum reserve. I inherited her 07 Nissan murano and the 02 Jeep gets to be a toy!!!!! It will be parked in the shop and will my after work therapy session's.
I have never had a Jeep that wasn't my daily driver, matter of fact, we have never been a 3 car family before either. :love::ROFLMAO:

And folks say getting old sucks!!!!!

Retired it today to play/toy status!!!!! We got the wife a newer 2015 Nissan Armada platinum reserve. I inherited her 07 Nissan murano and the 02 Jeep gets to be a toy!!!!! It will be parked in the shop and will my after work therapy session's.
I have never had a Jeep that wasn't my daily driver, matter of fact, we have never been a 3 car family before either. :love::ROFLMAO:

And folks say getting old sucks!!!!!
Same boat,my wife’s 02 got retired in stock form last may, now it’s like a crack habit!,lol enjoy being broke!j/k

57AAD6E3-CCF5-41F3-8CCF-919B80402417.jpeg

Pulled the doors off and drove to work, it's was a little chilly , but well worth it!!
I have had my half doors on ever since @AndyG paint guy painted the drivers door to match, earlier this year. The three minute commute was chilly.